boscia’s PR maven shares “10 things I learned from my Dad”
June 17, 2012 at 9:33 am
Sarah Haynes Heath is boscia’s PR maven! When we first met her, she had mentioned her father owned four upscale hair salons in the Detroit area. He was successful and self-made. He is now 76 years old and maintains one of the four salons, but is still very involved with and passionate about the beauty business.
10 things I learned from my father, funny (now) and otherwise:
1. Work hard and you will succeed. Think big!
2. My mother loves me more than anyone, so appreciate her.
3. Don’t wear hats at the dinner table.
4. Short hair on women is amazing (my mom and sister still wears ours long!)
5. Don’t let your friends order anything they want from room service at The Ritz in Paris, no matter how drunk you are. He got majorly burned with a huge bill during a hair show in Paris. Great story!
6. No boys allowed in your room until you are married.
7. Travel the world.
8. Women are beautiful and smart – and are the ones who really rule the world.
9. Debt is bad.
10. Singing is fun. He sang all the time. I used to beg him to stop… please, I beg you, stop! And now I sing constantly and my son begs me to stop.
Entry filed under: Behind the brand, boscia Babes, boscia Backstories, Uncategorized. Tags: beauty, beauty business, boscia, dad, detroit, father, father's day, hair salons, maven, passionate, PR, public relations, sarah haynes heath, self-made, skincare, successful.