Spring has officially arrived, HOORAY! Time to box up those winter boots (hopefully) and break out the floral prints, fringe bags and that hot coral lip shade you’ve been dying to put on! It’s also time to update your skincare wardrobe – your skincare needs change with the seasons! Here are a few boscia products we recommend for Spring:
- Cleanser: Everyone needs a fabulous cleanser – one that removes every trace of the day (including makeup) and all the dirt & impurities built up along the way. Our MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil does just that! It’s a gentle cleanser but deep cleans to dissolve all impurities and makeup (EVEN waterproof mascara) without leaving an oily residue.
- Exfoliation – Want to intensify your cleansing routine with a mild (super effective) exfoliation? Try Konjac Cleansing Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal! This “mighty puff” helps to cleanse and exfoliate to deliver smoother, softer, brighter-looking skin while minimizing the appearance of pores and eliminating blemish-causing bacteria.
- Mask – We all love a good mask! Our Luminizing Black Mask is THE perfect mask to start the season! An innovative peel-off delivery system fuses ingredients to skin and helps boost skin clarity to minimize the appearance of pores. It removes dirt and impurities, absorbs excess oil and reveals a healthy, glowing complexion. Spring won’t know what hit it!
- Beauty Oil – The color alone screams SPRING, our Tsubaki Beauty Oil is an essential item for the season. Reveal a geisha-like glow with this anti-aging botanical blend of cold-pressed Tsubaki (Camellia) Oil, protein rich Wakame (Japanese Sea Kelp), and nourishing Rice Bran Oil – all of which hydrate, firm and brighten your skin. Apply two to three drops in the morning prior to moisturizer or makeup. At night, use on cleansed and toned skin prior to moisturizer or alone. You’ll have that youthful glow all season long!
- Moisturizer – Moisturizing is key! Our Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15 is the must-have oil-free moisturizer that provides weightless hydration and broad spectrum sun protection as it helps to control excess oil. Your face will feel so smooth without actually feeling like you have moisturizer on.
- Sleeping Mask – For intense hydration, try our Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask. Talk about getting your ‘beauty sleep!’ Simply put the mask on before bed and let it do all the magic. It will intensely moisturize and protect that gorgeous face to deliver long-term anti-aging benefits and smoother, baby-soft skin.
- Sun Protection – Protecting yourself against the sun’s harsh rays is critical during any season. We highly recommend our Daily Defense Sunscreen SPF 50. This daytime moisturizer and anti-aging sunscreen with broad spectrum will keep you well-protected!
So there you have it – boscia’s spring skincare recommendations! Enjoy spring and enjoy your skincare routine! Do you have any recommendations for us? We’d love to hear from you! xo
It’s “the one-step wonder that primes, protects, and perfects!” Ever wondered what the difference was between our B.B. Creams? What’s in them? How to apply correctly? Well good thing you’re here … because this is all about boscia’s BELOVED B.B.!
boscia was the first brand to launch B.B. Cream in the USA! Our B.B. formulas are oil-free and created to: hydrate, firm, and soothe skin & diminish the appearance of pores, plump up fine lines, and even out skin tone – all in one single step. Our B.B. Creams are long-wearing, natural coverage and self-adjusting shades for all skin types (B.B. Light is for light-medium light skin tones & B.B. Original is for medium skin tones). Simply put, they are fabulous!
First let’s get to know our B.B. Cream Light SPF 27 PA++ & B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++. Any fans? Both B.B. Creams contain the following ingredients:
- Beta-Glucan – natural oat derivative that provides essential moisture, and protects against environmental damage. It also promotes healthy skin renewal, promotes healing, reduces the discoloration of scars, and stimulates collagen production for firmer, younger-looking skin.
- Arbutin – powerful antioxidant derived from bearberry, helps brighten hyperpigmentation and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Licorice Root – antioxidant that calms, reduces hyperpigmentation, and minimizes the appearance of dark spots by helping block melanin production.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – Supports the skin’s ability to maintain moisture.
- Titanium Dioxide – Provides physical, non-chemical, and non-irritating broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection by scattering UV light.
They also both contain Abyssine – a natural survivor molecule from sea algae that helps defend skin from free radical damage as it helps to restore damaged skin, reinforce skin’s natural defense against external aggressors, and provides exceptional soothing benefits.
In addition to the listed ingredients above, our B.B. Creams also contain boscia’s Proprietary Botanical Blend:
- Jojoba Leaf – prevents free radical damage while nourishing the skin
- Willowherb – calms skin inflammation and reduces visible redness and irritation
You have probably seen our B.B. Cream Bronze as well (which is currently on sale here). It contains all of the wonderful ingredients above too! Get it while it’s hot … it’s selling out fast!
B.B. Cream application is KEY for a flawless finish. You must use a rolling motion to blend the product as you go. For a visual demonstration – check out our video below! Here’s a peek into the world of B.B.! What’s your favorite B.B. Cream?
Not even sure this picture could be any more adorable! @NELLIESF posted this fabulous picture sharing her boscia Limited Edition Green Tea Blotting Linens (so nice of you!) … and we chose it as our second #bosciablotting WINNER! Congratulations! Keep posting your pictures everyone! You can enter as many times as you would like! We have lots of product to give away … are you next? xo
We have a winner! Congratulations @cerulean_daydreams on being the first winner in our #bosciablotting contest! Your photo screamed fashionable, flirty & fun (and pink!) – we loved it! Keep posting your #bosciablotting images throughout the week. Be creative! We will choose another winner next Friday. Good luck! xo
Hello beauties! You’re probably wondering where we’ve been! Yes, the boscia blotter has been MIA for the last few months but for good reason – here at boscia HQ, we’ve been working hard to ensure that 2014 is going to be a fabulous year (for you!) with tons of new content on our social media platforms, exciting (and fun!) contests, fan highlights, guest interviews, catchy “hashtags”, and of course, new, innovative products … and so much more – and we are ready to share it with you! We have so much planned and we are very excited to start blogging again … hope you are too!
To kick off the re-launch of the boscia blotter, we’re introducing #bosciablotting! What does this mean for you? Free product, maybe? Every Wednesday we’ll be posting an image of where our blotting linens have traveled (think of it as “Adventures in Blotting”) – they could be sunbathing in Huntington Beach, singing along on “It’s a Small World”, posing at a photo-shoot or maybe even jet setting to Japan – the possibilities are endless. We want our fans (YOU!) to participate by posting pictures of where you “boscia blot” using the hashtag – #bosciablotting. In addition to all the amazing photos you will be posting on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (or all 3!!), we will choose a #bosciablotting image every Friday and the winner will receive a complimentary boscia product along with a shout out on the boscia blotter. So get those cameras ready and let’s get blottin’!
Be sure to follow the boscia blotter to see what we’re doing, who we’re chatting with, what’s coming next … and where the world is #bosciablotting! And feel free to reach out in the comment section if you have any feedback for us – as always, we would love to hear from you! xo
In honor of Cyber Monday, we brought back our famous “Surprise Kits.” This time you get to choose which “Surprise Kit” is best for you, based on your skin type. Use promo code: “Dry12″ or “Oily12″ – Valid today only on www.bosciaskincare.com.
*Terms and conditions may apply – see website for more details*
In a saturated beauty market, it can be hard to find the right beauty products or simply know where to start. That’s why Birchbox is a smart, streamlined, and fun way to discover high-end beauty, grooming, and lifestyle products. Birchbox sorts through the clutter to send you what works and what’s worth the upgrade.
This month, Birchbox has teamed up with Glamour and their special July boxes feature some top brands and products, including our very own boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++.
We caught up with the super-busy Co-Founder of Birchbox, Katia Beauchamp – she told us the first beauty product she ever used, what would be the soundtrack to her life, and the hardest thing she’s ever done.
What was the first beauty product you ever used?
I think it was Lip Smackers Vanilla Frosting lip gloss. I also had an early experience with Nair- thanks for not letting me shave too soon mom. Agree that it is dangerous!
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
I use Spotify and Pandora much more than anything I have downloaded. I am listening to my Adele and MGMT list a lot on Pandora lately. I tend to think that it would be the sound track to Thomas Crown Affair, but it is probably closer to Country Strong. My husband and I are both from Texas.
If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Why?
Sheryl Sandberg. Her career path and the level of impact she has today based on her position at Facebook is inspiring. Plus she has a family. I believe you can have it all, you just have to define what all is for you.
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Does flying count? I mean flying like a bird, not in an airplane. If super-human is out, I would love to learn how to cook like a serious chef. Not to work in a restaurant, but for family and friends. I am an amateur, but love having people over today and my husband and friends might say that the best Mexican food in New York comes from our apartment.
What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Probably obvious – Birchbox. It is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me, but there are daily challenges; that is no different from any job, but what makes it hard is that it is so much a part of you that you cannot take anything lightly – from a not nice tweet to a stressed out employee, everything stays with you. Of course, by the same token the great moments are unmatchable and those happen daily too!
What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
I loved spying on people and was big on hiding in closets, under tables, etc to get all of the non-juicy information from my family members. It became un-cute fast!
When was the last time you had an amazing meal? What was it?
In Jerusalem last week! We went to a restaurant called Yudaleh. Everything was inspired; we focused on the fish dishes based on the chef’s recommendation. In the middle of our meal he had a drum solo on pots and pans – delicious and so much fun!