Congratulations to our #bosciablotting winner this week, @cecereviews! Fabulous boscia product is on its’ way! :-)
Don’t forget to post your images for a chance to win free product (and our love!) every week. Just follow us, and tag your picture with #bosciablotting. We’ll find it! Good luck!
Grab your flower headband, oversized shades and some SPF … it’s FESTIVAL SEASON! Whether you’re going to Coachella or Stagecoach (or both!) there are some must-have beauty products that are essential when braving the crowds, enjoying the music and soaking up the sun. Here’s our FAB 5 boscia products to toss in that adorable festival-approved tote!
- THE PROPER (AND MOST ADORABLE) SUNSCREEN – Not only does our Daily Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 have the most chic packaging ever but SPF 50 is a necessary item for any outdoor event. boscia has you covered when it comes to a multi-benefit sunscreen. Daily Defense absorbs UVA rays to prevent skin damage (like fine lines and wrinkles), it improves the appearance of skin with moisturizing benefits to improve hydration, and reduces moisture loss to maintain skin elasticity and softness – the super stylish tube doesn’t hurt either!
- A FANTASTIC B.B. CREAM – Less is always more when it comes to an outdoor party – with the heat, the sweat, the crowds – you get it. Our B.B. Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27 is a self-adjusting shade formulated for all skin types. It’s the ideal product to create a lustrous look and a flawless finish as it hydrates, firms and soothes the skin. Every festival-going gal needs a B.B. Cream that provides long-wearing, natural coverage that conceals imperfections. YOU, meet B.B.!
- THE PERFECT FACE WASH – Break up with your make up – and decongest your pores from the day! Our MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil goes onto dry skin to break up every ounce of make-up and even breaks down your sunscreen. It’s gentle enough for the sensitive eye area but tough enough to get your face make-up free – including the most stubborn of waterproof mascara! Try incorporating our Konjac Cleansing Sponge into your routine for a pillow-soft cleanse and exfoliation leaving you with even smoother, softer and brighter-looking skin.
- A LIGHT MOISTURIZER – Everyone loves moisturized and hydrated skin so we recommend a light moisturizer for the day, especially if you’re going hippy-chic and make-up free! Our Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is the perfect (and prettiest) lightweight moisturizer for festival season. Self-Defense contains 8 antioxidants that help prevent premature signs of aging, repair existing damage, protect against environmental stressors, and promote elasticity and tone. It contains Rice Bran Oil which helps to reduce dark spots and increase micro-circulation for soft, glowing skin.
FUN FACT: In Japan, to call a woman a “”Nuka Bijin,” or a “Rice Bran Beauty, is a great compliment; it refers back to the glowing, youthful skin of women who worked in rice fields, washed the newly-harvested rice, and became exposed to high levels of Rice Bran Oil.
- A FACE MASK – Our calming and refreshing peel-off Cool Blue Calming Mask is the ideal mask for skin revival after a festival! It instantly cools, calms inflammation, and hydrates which is ideal for after-sun care and (yikes) any sunburns.
So what are your top festival season must-haves?
Thank you so much to everyone who participated this week in #bosciablotting! We LOVE seeing everyone’s pictures and it’s always so hard to choose only 1 winner! Our boscia beauty this week is @jules792000! Congratulations! We love how creative you got with your linens using a fabulous filter and the very pretty background design.
Simply upload your pictures using #bosciablotting to participate. You must be following us on Instagram, Twitter or ‘like’ us on Facebook in order for us to see your image. We choose a winner every Friday! Best of luck to next week’s winner! Is it you? xo
Your skin is constantly changing. Why should your skincare stay the same? Face masks are wonderful, but sometimes one mask isn’t the best for all areas of your face. Are you oily here but super sensitive there? Are you looking to reduce dark spots in one area but reduce pores in another? boscia created a solution – Multi-Masking™! We give you 4 great peel-off masks that can be used as one, or multiple masks for different skin concerns.
boscia’s peel-off masks – what’s your favorite?
- Bright White Mask – Peel your way to brighter skin with this white clay sensation; a brightening peel-off mask that helps to visibly even skin tone and diminish dark spots.
- Cool Blue Calming Mask – Dive-in to the cool blue mask that puts a freeze on angry skin; refreshing peel-off mask that instantly cools, calms inflammation and hydrates.
- Green Tea Oil-Control Mask – The mean, green mattifying machine! A mattifying peel-off mask that eliminates shine and excess oil production immediately and for long-term.
- Luminizing Black Mask – Peel to reveal pore-perfected skin with the trendsetting Black Mask; an innovative peel-off mask that purifies and minimizes the appearance of pores, instantly and over time.
So what type of multi-masker are you?
Helpful application tips:
- For all masks, smooth on just enough to create an even layer.
- Black & White mask: should look solid, with no skin showing through.
- Always apply a finger-width away from hairline and brows.
- When the mask is completely dry, roll an edge down from your forehead with your fingertip; with the free edge, pull in a downwards motion to remove the mask.
Check out The Art of Multi-Masking Kit here! Enjoy! xo
DRUM ROLL PLEASE ………. And our weekly #bosciablotting (and free product!) winner is @cautiouslyoptimistic! She won us over with her super cute image of her stethoscope, salted caramel macaroon and boscia’s Green Tea Blotting Linens! Congratulations! Keep the fabulous pictures coming. We will choose another winner next week!
Spring has officially arrived, HOORAY! Time to box up those winter boots (hopefully) and break out the floral prints, fringe bags and that hot coral lip shade you’ve been dying to put on! It’s also time to update your skincare wardrobe – your skincare needs change with the seasons! Here are a few boscia products we recommend for Spring:
- Cleanser: Everyone needs a fabulous cleanser – one that removes every trace of the day (including makeup) and all the dirt & impurities built up along the way. Our MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil does just that! It’s a gentle cleanser but deep cleans to dissolve all impurities and makeup (EVEN waterproof mascara) without leaving an oily residue.
- Exfoliation – Want to intensify your cleansing routine with a mild (super effective) exfoliation? Try Konjac Cleansing Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal! This “mighty puff” helps to cleanse and exfoliate to deliver smoother, softer, brighter-looking skin while minimizing the appearance of pores and eliminating blemish-causing bacteria.
- Mask – We all love a good mask! Our Luminizing Black Mask is THE perfect mask to start the season! An innovative peel-off delivery system fuses ingredients to skin and helps boost skin clarity to minimize the appearance of pores. It removes dirt and impurities, absorbs excess oil and reveals a healthy, glowing complexion. Spring won’t know what hit it!
- Beauty Oil – The color alone screams SPRING, our Tsubaki Beauty Oil is an essential item for the season. Reveal a geisha-like glow with this anti-aging botanical blend of cold-pressed Tsubaki (Camellia) Oil, protein rich Wakame (Japanese Sea Kelp), and nourishing Rice Bran Oil – all of which hydrate, firm and brighten your skin. Apply two to three drops in the morning prior to moisturizer or makeup. At night, use on cleansed and toned skin prior to moisturizer or alone. You’ll have that youthful glow all season long!
- Moisturizer – Moisturizing is key! Our Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15 is the must-have oil-free moisturizer that provides weightless hydration and broad spectrum sun protection as it helps to control excess oil. Your face will feel so smooth without actually feeling like you have moisturizer on.
- Sleeping Mask – For intense hydration, try our Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask. Talk about getting your ‘beauty sleep!’ Simply put the mask on before bed and let it do all the magic. It will intensely moisturize and protect that gorgeous face to deliver long-term anti-aging benefits and smoother, baby-soft skin.
- Sun Protection – Protecting yourself against the sun’s harsh rays is critical during any season. We highly recommend our Daily Defense Sunscreen SPF 50. This daytime moisturizer and anti-aging sunscreen with broad spectrum will keep you well-protected!
So there you have it – boscia’s spring skincare recommendations! Enjoy spring and enjoy your skincare routine! Do you have any recommendations for us? We’d love to hear from you! xo
It’s “the one-step wonder that primes, protects, and perfects!” Ever wondered what the difference was between our B.B. Creams? What’s in them? How to apply correctly? Well good thing you’re here … because this is all about boscia’s BELOVED B.B.!
boscia was the first brand to launch B.B. Cream in the USA! Our B.B. formulas are oil-free and created to: hydrate, firm, and soothe skin & diminish the appearance of pores, plump up fine lines, and even out skin tone – all in one single step. Our B.B. Creams are long-wearing, natural coverage and self-adjusting shades for all skin types (B.B. Light is for light-medium light skin tones & B.B. Original is for medium skin tones). Simply put, they are fabulous!
First let’s get to know our B.B. Cream Light SPF 27 PA++ & B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++. Any fans? Both B.B. Creams contain the following ingredients:
- Beta-Glucan – natural oat derivative that provides essential moisture, and protects against environmental damage. It also promotes healthy skin renewal, promotes healing, reduces the discoloration of scars, and stimulates collagen production for firmer, younger-looking skin.
- Arbutin – powerful antioxidant derived from bearberry, helps brighten hyperpigmentation and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Licorice Root – antioxidant that calms, reduces hyperpigmentation, and minimizes the appearance of dark spots by helping block melanin production.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – Supports the skin’s ability to maintain moisture.
- Titanium Dioxide – Provides physical, non-chemical, and non-irritating broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection by scattering UV light.
They also both contain Abyssine – a natural survivor molecule from sea algae that helps defend skin from free radical damage as it helps to restore damaged skin, reinforce skin’s natural defense against external aggressors, and provides exceptional soothing benefits.
In addition to the listed ingredients above, our B.B. Creams also contain boscia’s Proprietary Botanical Blend:
- Jojoba Leaf – prevents free radical damage while nourishing the skin
- Willowherb – calms skin inflammation and reduces visible redness and irritation
You have probably seen our B.B. Cream Bronze as well (which is currently on sale here). It contains all of the wonderful ingredients above too! Get it while it’s hot … it’s selling out fast!
B.B. Cream application is KEY for a flawless finish. You must use a rolling motion to blend the product as you go. For a visual demonstration – check out our video below! Here’s a peek into the world of B.B.! What’s your favorite B.B. Cream?