Posts tagged ‘beauty’
Check out our weekly #bosciablotting winner! Congratulations @kattiology!
It’s National Sibling Day! Whether they’re your best friend or your favorite rival, being a sibling is pretty cool. You have a friend for life and a relationship designed to last the test of time! In honor of all the sibs, we’re featuring “the perfect pair” of boscia products. Combine these products for a lifelong friendship … with your skin!
- Konjac Cleansing Sponge + your favorite boscia cleanser – Your skin will thank you for this duo! Simply apply a pump or two of your favorite boscia cleanser to your Konjac Cleansing Sponge and gently massage in a circular motion to remove dirt, make-up, and impurities. Our Konjac Cleansing Sponge is gentle enough for even the most sensitive of skin types and can be used over the face, neck, and even the delicate under eye area. We can hear your skin saying, “ahhhh” from here!
- Tsubaki Beauty Oil + your favorite boscia moisturizer – Hydration to the max! Apply a few drops of Tsubaki Beauty Oil to clean skin and then apply your favorite boscia moisturizer (or mix them together!) for firmer, brighter and seriously hydrated skin!
- Cool Blue Calming Mask + Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm – Everyone loves a great peel-off mask! Pair our Cool Blue Calming Mask (designed to calm, hydrate and refresh the skin) with our Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm (a cooling and soothing eye balm that instantly de-puffs and revives tired eyes) for a splash of “cool” hydration!
What are some of your favorite boscia pairs? Drop us a note here, on Twitter, @bosciaskincare or on Instagram, @boscia! xo
Congratulations to our #bosciablotting winner this week, @cecereviews! Fabulous boscia product is on its’ way! :-)
Don’t forget to post your images for a chance to win free product (and our love!) every week. Just follow us, and tag your picture with #bosciablotting. We’ll find it! Good luck!
Grab your flower headband, oversized shades and some SPF … it’s FESTIVAL SEASON! Whether you’re going to Coachella or Stagecoach (or both!) there are some must-have beauty products that are essential when braving the crowds, enjoying the music and soaking up the sun. Here’s our FAB 5 boscia products to toss in that adorable festival-approved tote!
- THE PROPER (AND MOST ADORABLE) SUNSCREEN – Not only does our Daily Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 have the most chic packaging ever but SPF 50 is a necessary item for any outdoor event. boscia has you covered when it comes to a multi-benefit sunscreen. Daily Defense absorbs UVA rays to prevent skin damage (like fine lines and wrinkles), it improves the appearance of skin with moisturizing benefits to improve hydration, and reduces moisture loss to maintain skin elasticity and softness – the super stylish tube doesn’t hurt either!
- A FANTASTIC B.B. CREAM – Less is always more when it comes to an outdoor party – with the heat, the sweat, the crowds – you get it. Our B.B. Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27 is a self-adjusting shade formulated for all skin types. It’s the ideal product to create a lustrous look and a flawless finish as it hydrates, firms and soothes the skin. Every festival-going gal needs a B.B. Cream that provides long-wearing, natural coverage that conceals imperfections. YOU, meet B.B.!
- THE PERFECT FACE WASH – Break up with your make up – and decongest your pores from the day! Our MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil goes onto dry skin to break up every ounce of make-up and even breaks down your sunscreen. It’s gentle enough for the sensitive eye area but tough enough to get your face make-up free – including the most stubborn of waterproof mascara! Try incorporating our Konjac Cleansing Sponge into your routine for a pillow-soft cleanse and exfoliation leaving you with even smoother, softer and brighter-looking skin.
- A LIGHT MOISTURIZER – Everyone loves moisturized and hydrated skin so we recommend a light moisturizer for the day, especially if you’re going hippy-chic and make-up free! Our Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is the perfect (and prettiest) lightweight moisturizer for festival season. Self-Defense contains 8 antioxidants that help prevent premature signs of aging, repair existing damage, protect against environmental stressors, and promote elasticity and tone. It contains Rice Bran Oil which helps to reduce dark spots and increase micro-circulation for soft, glowing skin.
FUN FACT: In Japan, to call a woman a “”Nuka Bijin,” or a “Rice Bran Beauty, is a great compliment; it refers back to the glowing, youthful skin of women who worked in rice fields, washed the newly-harvested rice, and became exposed to high levels of Rice Bran Oil.
- A FACE MASK – Our calming and refreshing peel-off Cool Blue Calming Mask is the ideal mask for skin revival after a festival! It instantly cools, calms inflammation, and hydrates which is ideal for after-sun care and (yikes) any sunburns.
So what are your top festival season must-haves?
Thank you so much to everyone who participated this week in #bosciablotting! We LOVE seeing everyone’s pictures and it’s always so hard to choose only 1 winner! Our boscia beauty this week is @jules792000! Congratulations! We love how creative you got with your linens using a fabulous filter and the very pretty background design.
Simply upload your pictures using #bosciablotting to participate. You must be following us on Instagram, Twitter or ‘like’ us on Facebook in order for us to see your image. We choose a winner every Friday! Best of luck to next week’s winner! Is it you? xo
It’s “the one-step wonder that primes, protects, and perfects!” Ever wondered what the difference was between our B.B. Creams? What’s in them? How to apply correctly? Well good thing you’re here … because this is all about boscia’s BELOVED B.B.!
boscia was the first brand to launch B.B. Cream in the USA! Our B.B. formulas are oil-free and created to: hydrate, firm, and soothe skin & diminish the appearance of pores, plump up fine lines, and even out skin tone – all in one single step. Our B.B. Creams are long-wearing, natural coverage and self-adjusting shades for all skin types (B.B. Light is for light-medium light skin tones & B.B. Original is for medium skin tones). Simply put, they are fabulous!
First let’s get to know our B.B. Cream Light SPF 27 PA++ & B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++. Any fans? Both B.B. Creams contain the following ingredients:
- Beta-Glucan – natural oat derivative that provides essential moisture, and protects against environmental damage. It also promotes healthy skin renewal, promotes healing, reduces the discoloration of scars, and stimulates collagen production for firmer, younger-looking skin.
- Arbutin – powerful antioxidant derived from bearberry, helps brighten hyperpigmentation and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Licorice Root – antioxidant that calms, reduces hyperpigmentation, and minimizes the appearance of dark spots by helping block melanin production.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – Supports the skin’s ability to maintain moisture.
- Titanium Dioxide – Provides physical, non-chemical, and non-irritating broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection by scattering UV light.
They also both contain Abyssine – a natural survivor molecule from sea algae that helps defend skin from free radical damage as it helps to restore damaged skin, reinforce skin’s natural defense against external aggressors, and provides exceptional soothing benefits.
In addition to the listed ingredients above, our B.B. Creams also contain boscia’s Proprietary Botanical Blend:
- Jojoba Leaf – prevents free radical damage while nourishing the skin
- Willowherb – calms skin inflammation and reduces visible redness and irritation
You have probably seen our B.B. Cream Bronze as well (which is currently on sale here). It contains all of the wonderful ingredients above too! Get it while it’s hot … it’s selling out fast!
B.B. Cream application is KEY for a flawless finish. You must use a rolling motion to blend the product as you go. For a visual demonstration – check out our video below! Here’s a peek into the world of B.B.! What’s your favorite B.B. Cream?
In a saturated beauty market, it can be hard to find the right beauty products or simply know where to start. That’s why Birchbox is a smart, streamlined, and fun way to discover high-end beauty, grooming, and lifestyle products. Birchbox sorts through the clutter to send you what works and what’s worth the upgrade.
This month, Birchbox has teamed up with Glamour and their special July boxes feature some top brands and products, including our very own boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++.
We caught up with the super-busy Co-Founder of Birchbox, Katia Beauchamp – she told us the first beauty product she ever used, what would be the soundtrack to her life, and the hardest thing she’s ever done.
What was the first beauty product you ever used?
I think it was Lip Smackers Vanilla Frosting lip gloss. I also had an early experience with Nair- thanks for not letting me shave too soon mom. Agree that it is dangerous!
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
I use Spotify and Pandora much more than anything I have downloaded. I am listening to my Adele and MGMT list a lot on Pandora lately. I tend to think that it would be the sound track to Thomas Crown Affair, but it is probably closer to Country Strong. My husband and I are both from Texas.
If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Why?
Sheryl Sandberg. Her career path and the level of impact she has today based on her position at Facebook is inspiring. Plus she has a family. I believe you can have it all, you just have to define what all is for you.
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Does flying count? I mean flying like a bird, not in an airplane. If super-human is out, I would love to learn how to cook like a serious chef. Not to work in a restaurant, but for family and friends. I am an amateur, but love having people over today and my husband and friends might say that the best Mexican food in New York comes from our apartment.
What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Probably obvious – Birchbox. It is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me, but there are daily challenges; that is no different from any job, but what makes it hard is that it is so much a part of you that you cannot take anything lightly – from a not nice tweet to a stressed out employee, everything stays with you. Of course, by the same token the great moments are unmatchable and those happen daily too!
What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
I loved spying on people and was big on hiding in closets, under tables, etc to get all of the non-juicy information from my family members. It became un-cute fast!
When was the last time you had an amazing meal? What was it?
In Jerusalem last week! We went to a restaurant called Yudaleh. Everything was inspired; we focused on the fish dishes based on the chef’s recommendation. In the middle of our meal he had a drum solo on pots and pans – delicious and so much fun!
Here at boscia, we’re constantly meeting new and exciting people, whether they’re visiting our headquarters, attending one of our press events or simply interacting with someone from our sales team. Very often, we hear how much they love boscia and how boscia products have really made a difference in their skin. But beyond that, we’ve also come to realize and appreciate that boscia is a brand that is truly loved by people who come from different walks of life, yet they all have one thing in common – their love for boscia. So we’ve decided that each month, we will feature some amazing boscia fans on our blog whose story we want to share with the rest of the boscia community. So with that said, let’s meet our first boscia babe…..Gail Larkin!
Gail Larkin is an accomplished professional with over 20 years of experience in the fashion industry. She worked at Barneys for 5 years before creating VIP Closet Consultants which is a highly personalized service designed to help you make the most of the clothes you already own. She organizes, styles and installs closets for a very broad clientele ranging from people who work in videos and short films, producers, writers, and jewelry designers, to moms and high powered women that run companies and do social work, in addition to men as well.
What inspires you? “I love watching their faces become so happy, so fulfilled. I can see [a change] while helping them. When they feel better and dress better they feel more confident….life changing to the point where they’re just happier and better people. The goal is to have everything in their closet fit, updated and have everything look good,” she says.
When editing a client’s closet, Gail will take what she thinks will sell to resale shops such as Haute Seconds and Entre Nous. But when it comes to adding items to a client’s closet, she will usually shop with or without the client present. She can always rely on finding pieces at Barneys and Elyse Walker but for her own wardrobe she loves Bergdorf Goodman, Barney’s, Elise Walker and Opening Ceremony. However Barneys is a personal favorite. “I worked there for a long time so I find a lot of things there.”
Who is the style icon you admire most? “Kate Moss because she mixes vintage, bohemian, and couture – rather than wearing only what’s current. For instance, she will wear a fab white fur and mix it with a current 2012 spring Gucci gold dress.”
If you could have anyone’s closet, who would you trade closets with? “I would love to change closets with Kate Moss or Chloe Sevigny”
What are the key aspects/pieces to having a great well rounded wardrobe?
- Black blazer
- Little black dress
- White blouse
- Perfect skinny jean
- Cashmere cardigan
- Platform heel
- Birkin bag
- The RIGHT bra
Tell us about your morning routine/beauty regimen. “I have a 3 year old so I prefer a beauty regimen that is very simple. Simple is the best…I want to look fresh and young and I want that glow. Boscia has given me back that glow!” She actually uses all Boscia products now. Her favorite products to use in the morning are Restorative Day Moisture Cream SPF 15, Balancing Facial Tonic, and then the Enlivening Eye Amino-AG Eye Treatment, followed by B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++. After that, she puts on her makeup: under eye concealer, eye shadow, eyeliner, blush and lip gloss. At night it’s just as simple: Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil, Purifying Cleansing Gel, and Recharging Night Moisture.
Everyone has a different makeup philosophy. What’s in your makeup bag at the moment? “Light and fresh for day and smoky and sexy for night.” Her go to makeup brands/products include Hourglass 6 shade eye palette (neo-classic), Armani and Cleau De Peau blush, YSL for under eye concealer, Shu Uemura brushes, Kevin Aucoin’s powder eye shadow in Whisper, Armani eyeliner, Maybelline Falsies mascara, Carnal Flower parfum and a favorite nail polish of hers is Chanel’s Black Pearl.
Where do you get your beauty tips from? “I go to Barneys to see Patrick who is a resident makeup artist there…The idea is that makeup should look natural…the no makeup look….very natural and bohemian but u actually do have quite a bit on….”
What draws you to certain beauty products? “The consistency and the brand, especially how good the brand is…I want to feel it, see [the product]…and the product [shouldn’t have] a lot of toxins…Everyone’s skin is different so it takes a lot to find out what’s not going to absorb into your skin so you have to try a lot!”
Some people go the whole 9 yards and cleanse, tone, moisturize, apply face masks serums and eye creams but what do you think? What is your skincare philosophy? “I believe in the whole thing…a lot of it is genetics but I do believe in following the steps.”
When did skincare become more of a concern to you? “It’s always been a concern but just from when you’re young, you lay out with no SPF and as soon as you hit 30 your skin changes. That’s when you need to take a serious evaluation of your skin and take care of it. Age 30 is when your body shifts as a women and the lines start to come in especially under the eyes but if you have the right skin care you can help it a lot. I’ve tried so many creams but the Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment was unbelievable! Within a few days people were telling me my skin was glowing…everyone kept saying ‘your skin looks so good!’”
She’s tried many other more expensive products such as Kinerase and RéVive but she didn’t get the results she got with Boscia. “The price point is amazing because if you run out it’s not going to cost you $200 to get a new product.”
What are your favorite boscia products? “I really like the Balancing Facial Tonic and Restorative Day Moisture Cream SPF 15 and the Luminizing Black Mask. No one else makes masks like this… you have to go and get a facial for these kind of results! I’ve absolutely seen an improvement in my skin…..I like everything from Boscia but those 3 products are great. I run a company, have a 3 yr old, and a husband so I’m very busy… but this product is keeping my youth.”
Speaking of your 3 yr old….when will you start instilling a skincare regimen with her? “I already put sun block on her skin everyday, since day 1…I moisturize [her] skin with really thick lotion…..its important.”
What are your must have, Holy Grail products? “You can get makeup anywhere but finding skincare products is the most important. Good under eye cream and day cream are hard to find. There are a million makeup lines but not a million under eye and face cream lines.”
Best words of advice you’ve inherited from friends, family, and respected mentors? My mother and father told me “You just have to know who you are and be a good person. Be honest and do the best that you can do and just be happy. Treat people really well and be kind.”
I can’t live without…“Family. Can’t live without my daughter & family.”
Favorite daily read is…..“the New York Times.”
If I could have dinner with anyone, it would be…. “Paulo Coelho who is the author of The Alchemist. All his philosophies are so profound and he’s amazing.”
What is the best present you’ve ever received? “My Bottega Veneta edition woven metallic bag.”
What is your guilty pleasure? “Pinot Noir.”