Posts tagged ‘boscia skincare’
Grab your flower headband, oversized shades and some SPF … it’s FESTIVAL SEASON! Whether you’re going to Coachella or Stagecoach (or both!) there are some must-have beauty products that are essential when braving the crowds, enjoying the music and soaking up the sun. Here’s our FAB 5 boscia products to toss in that adorable festival-approved tote!
- THE PROPER (AND MOST ADORABLE) SUNSCREEN – Not only does our Daily Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 have the most chic packaging ever but SPF 50 is a necessary item for any outdoor event. boscia has you covered when it comes to a multi-benefit sunscreen. Daily Defense absorbs UVA rays to prevent skin damage (like fine lines and wrinkles), it improves the appearance of skin with moisturizing benefits to improve hydration, and reduces moisture loss to maintain skin elasticity and softness – the super stylish tube doesn’t hurt either!
- A FANTASTIC B.B. CREAM – Less is always more when it comes to an outdoor party – with the heat, the sweat, the crowds – you get it. Our B.B. Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27 is a self-adjusting shade formulated for all skin types. It’s the ideal product to create a lustrous look and a flawless finish as it hydrates, firms and soothes the skin. Every festival-going gal needs a B.B. Cream that provides long-wearing, natural coverage that conceals imperfections. YOU, meet B.B.!
- THE PERFECT FACE WASH – Break up with your make up – and decongest your pores from the day! Our MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil goes onto dry skin to break up every ounce of make-up and even breaks down your sunscreen. It’s gentle enough for the sensitive eye area but tough enough to get your face make-up free – including the most stubborn of waterproof mascara! Try incorporating our Konjac Cleansing Sponge into your routine for a pillow-soft cleanse and exfoliation leaving you with even smoother, softer and brighter-looking skin.
- A LIGHT MOISTURIZER – Everyone loves moisturized and hydrated skin so we recommend a light moisturizer for the day, especially if you’re going hippy-chic and make-up free! Our Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is the perfect (and prettiest) lightweight moisturizer for festival season. Self-Defense contains 8 antioxidants that help prevent premature signs of aging, repair existing damage, protect against environmental stressors, and promote elasticity and tone. It contains Rice Bran Oil which helps to reduce dark spots and increase micro-circulation for soft, glowing skin.
FUN FACT: In Japan, to call a woman a “”Nuka Bijin,” or a “Rice Bran Beauty, is a great compliment; it refers back to the glowing, youthful skin of women who worked in rice fields, washed the newly-harvested rice, and became exposed to high levels of Rice Bran Oil.
- A FACE MASK – Our calming and refreshing peel-off Cool Blue Calming Mask is the ideal mask for skin revival after a festival! It instantly cools, calms inflammation, and hydrates which is ideal for after-sun care and (yikes) any sunburns.
So what are your top festival season must-haves?
Spring has officially arrived, HOORAY! Time to box up those winter boots (hopefully) and break out the floral prints, fringe bags and that hot coral lip shade you’ve been dying to put on! It’s also time to update your skincare wardrobe – your skincare needs change with the seasons! Here are a few boscia products we recommend for Spring:
- Cleanser: Everyone needs a fabulous cleanser – one that removes every trace of the day (including makeup) and all the dirt & impurities built up along the way. Our MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil does just that! It’s a gentle cleanser but deep cleans to dissolve all impurities and makeup (EVEN waterproof mascara) without leaving an oily residue.
- Exfoliation – Want to intensify your cleansing routine with a mild (super effective) exfoliation? Try Konjac Cleansing Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal! This “mighty puff” helps to cleanse and exfoliate to deliver smoother, softer, brighter-looking skin while minimizing the appearance of pores and eliminating blemish-causing bacteria.
- Mask – We all love a good mask! Our Luminizing Black Mask is THE perfect mask to start the season! An innovative peel-off delivery system fuses ingredients to skin and helps boost skin clarity to minimize the appearance of pores. It removes dirt and impurities, absorbs excess oil and reveals a healthy, glowing complexion. Spring won’t know what hit it!
- Beauty Oil – The color alone screams SPRING, our Tsubaki Beauty Oil is an essential item for the season. Reveal a geisha-like glow with this anti-aging botanical blend of cold-pressed Tsubaki (Camellia) Oil, protein rich Wakame (Japanese Sea Kelp), and nourishing Rice Bran Oil – all of which hydrate, firm and brighten your skin. Apply two to three drops in the morning prior to moisturizer or makeup. At night, use on cleansed and toned skin prior to moisturizer or alone. You’ll have that youthful glow all season long!
- Moisturizer – Moisturizing is key! Our Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15 is the must-have oil-free moisturizer that provides weightless hydration and broad spectrum sun protection as it helps to control excess oil. Your face will feel so smooth without actually feeling like you have moisturizer on.
- Sleeping Mask – For intense hydration, try our Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask. Talk about getting your ‘beauty sleep!’ Simply put the mask on before bed and let it do all the magic. It will intensely moisturize and protect that gorgeous face to deliver long-term anti-aging benefits and smoother, baby-soft skin.
- Sun Protection – Protecting yourself against the sun’s harsh rays is critical during any season. We highly recommend our Daily Defense Sunscreen SPF 50. This daytime moisturizer and anti-aging sunscreen with broad spectrum will keep you well-protected!
So there you have it – boscia’s spring skincare recommendations! Enjoy spring and enjoy your skincare routine! Do you have any recommendations for us? We’d love to hear from you! xo
In honor of Cyber Monday, we brought back our famous “Surprise Kits.” This time you get to choose which “Surprise Kit” is best for you, based on your skin type. Use promo code: “Dry12″ or “Oily12″ – Valid today only on www.bosciaskincare.com.
*Terms and conditions may apply – see website for more details*
On this special day where we celebrate MOM, we would like to wish all the fabulous mothers out there, a Happy Mother’s Day!
With Mother’s Day just a few days away, we started thinking about Mother’s Day gifts. What should we get our boscia moms…perhaps perfume? No two moms are a like, so we can’t just get any ol’ perfume! Then we remembered our friend Sarah Horowitz, founder of Sarah Horowitz Parfums, a Westlake Village, CA-based fragrance house. We visited with Sarah to chat about Mother’s Day and to find out more about her and her own mom!
Does your family have any Mother’s Day traditions? My friends and I all had kids within weeks of each other so on Mother’s Day we like to all go to the park together. But in the morning, my husband and daughters usually make a nice breakfast. We’re very food centric. It’s just nice to relax and not have to work!
What are your Top 5 gift picks for mother’s day gifts?
- Fragrance! Obviously custom blended fragrance! (visit Sarah Horowitz Parfums)
- Spa gift/manicure/pedicure – but you have to guarantee that you will watch my kids while I enjoy this!
- If you could give “time” as a gift that’s great – time spent with friends or family over a great meal. I want to enjoy their company.
- Starbucks gift cards – you can never have too many!
- Chocolates/flowers – sounds cliché but no one doesn’t ever not smile. You just feel special.
What’s your favorite part about being a mom? Seeing their faces in the morning. It’s the best when I come home and my 3 year old runs to the door as if she hasn’t seen me in 10 years! That feeling is great!
Share a memory of your mother. My mom went to law school when she was 40 and also graduated at the same time I graduated from college. I loved that because it showed me it’s never too late! If you want it bad enough you can achieve it. I appreciate that she gave that to me.
My mom also has a saying: “In life there are 2 kinds of paths, one that is paved and one that you need a machete for…” She would always say that I was always a machete kind of girl and that is something that has always stuck with me.
How did your mom influence how you approach being a mother? As far as something tangible, my mom sang me a lullaby to sleep when I was younger, which her mom sang to her and now I sing my own version to my own children. Besides that I’m very hands on like her. I enjoy cooking for my family and being an active part of their lives. My mom is the kind of person that would try something once and experiment and would encourage me to do the same I hope to raise my kids to explore and try new things as well, and to be strong, independent girls.
Here at boscia, we’re constantly meeting new and exciting people, whether they’re visiting our headquarters, attending one of our press events or simply interacting with someone from our sales team. Very often, we hear how much they love boscia and how boscia products have really made a difference in their skin. But beyond that, we’ve also come to realize and appreciate that boscia is a brand that is truly loved by people who come from different walks of life, yet they all have one thing in common – their love for boscia. So we’ve decided that each month, we will feature some amazing boscia fans on our blog whose story we want to share with the rest of the boscia community. So with that said, let’s meet our first boscia babe…..Gail Larkin!
Gail Larkin is an accomplished professional with over 20 years of experience in the fashion industry. She worked at Barneys for 5 years before creating VIP Closet Consultants which is a highly personalized service designed to help you make the most of the clothes you already own. She organizes, styles and installs closets for a very broad clientele ranging from people who work in videos and short films, producers, writers, and jewelry designers, to moms and high powered women that run companies and do social work, in addition to men as well.
What inspires you? “I love watching their faces become so happy, so fulfilled. I can see [a change] while helping them. When they feel better and dress better they feel more confident….life changing to the point where they’re just happier and better people. The goal is to have everything in their closet fit, updated and have everything look good,” she says.
When editing a client’s closet, Gail will take what she thinks will sell to resale shops such as Haute Seconds and Entre Nous. But when it comes to adding items to a client’s closet, she will usually shop with or without the client present. She can always rely on finding pieces at Barneys and Elyse Walker but for her own wardrobe she loves Bergdorf Goodman, Barney’s, Elise Walker and Opening Ceremony. However Barneys is a personal favorite. “I worked there for a long time so I find a lot of things there.”
Who is the style icon you admire most? “Kate Moss because she mixes vintage, bohemian, and couture – rather than wearing only what’s current. For instance, she will wear a fab white fur and mix it with a current 2012 spring Gucci gold dress.”
If you could have anyone’s closet, who would you trade closets with? “I would love to change closets with Kate Moss or Chloe Sevigny”
What are the key aspects/pieces to having a great well rounded wardrobe?
- Black blazer
- Little black dress
- White blouse
- Perfect skinny jean
- Cashmere cardigan
- Platform heel
- Birkin bag
- The RIGHT bra
Tell us about your morning routine/beauty regimen. “I have a 3 year old so I prefer a beauty regimen that is very simple. Simple is the best…I want to look fresh and young and I want that glow. Boscia has given me back that glow!” She actually uses all Boscia products now. Her favorite products to use in the morning are Restorative Day Moisture Cream SPF 15, Balancing Facial Tonic, and then the Enlivening Eye Amino-AG Eye Treatment, followed by B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++. After that, she puts on her makeup: under eye concealer, eye shadow, eyeliner, blush and lip gloss. At night it’s just as simple: Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil, Purifying Cleansing Gel, and Recharging Night Moisture.
Everyone has a different makeup philosophy. What’s in your makeup bag at the moment? “Light and fresh for day and smoky and sexy for night.” Her go to makeup brands/products include Hourglass 6 shade eye palette (neo-classic), Armani and Cleau De Peau blush, YSL for under eye concealer, Shu Uemura brushes, Kevin Aucoin’s powder eye shadow in Whisper, Armani eyeliner, Maybelline Falsies mascara, Carnal Flower parfum and a favorite nail polish of hers is Chanel’s Black Pearl.
Where do you get your beauty tips from? “I go to Barneys to see Patrick who is a resident makeup artist there…The idea is that makeup should look natural…the no makeup look….very natural and bohemian but u actually do have quite a bit on….”
What draws you to certain beauty products? “The consistency and the brand, especially how good the brand is…I want to feel it, see [the product]…and the product [shouldn’t have] a lot of toxins…Everyone’s skin is different so it takes a lot to find out what’s not going to absorb into your skin so you have to try a lot!”
Some people go the whole 9 yards and cleanse, tone, moisturize, apply face masks serums and eye creams but what do you think? What is your skincare philosophy? “I believe in the whole thing…a lot of it is genetics but I do believe in following the steps.”
When did skincare become more of a concern to you? “It’s always been a concern but just from when you’re young, you lay out with no SPF and as soon as you hit 30 your skin changes. That’s when you need to take a serious evaluation of your skin and take care of it. Age 30 is when your body shifts as a women and the lines start to come in especially under the eyes but if you have the right skin care you can help it a lot. I’ve tried so many creams but the Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment was unbelievable! Within a few days people were telling me my skin was glowing…everyone kept saying ‘your skin looks so good!’”
She’s tried many other more expensive products such as Kinerase and RéVive but she didn’t get the results she got with Boscia. “The price point is amazing because if you run out it’s not going to cost you $200 to get a new product.”
What are your favorite boscia products? “I really like the Balancing Facial Tonic and Restorative Day Moisture Cream SPF 15 and the Luminizing Black Mask. No one else makes masks like this… you have to go and get a facial for these kind of results! I’ve absolutely seen an improvement in my skin…..I like everything from Boscia but those 3 products are great. I run a company, have a 3 yr old, and a husband so I’m very busy… but this product is keeping my youth.”
Speaking of your 3 yr old….when will you start instilling a skincare regimen with her? “I already put sun block on her skin everyday, since day 1…I moisturize [her] skin with really thick lotion…..its important.”
What are your must have, Holy Grail products? “You can get makeup anywhere but finding skincare products is the most important. Good under eye cream and day cream are hard to find. There are a million makeup lines but not a million under eye and face cream lines.”
Best words of advice you’ve inherited from friends, family, and respected mentors? My mother and father told me “You just have to know who you are and be a good person. Be honest and do the best that you can do and just be happy. Treat people really well and be kind.”
I can’t live without…“Family. Can’t live without my daughter & family.”
Favorite daily read is…..“the New York Times.”
If I could have dinner with anyone, it would be…. “Paulo Coelho who is the author of The Alchemist. All his philosophies are so profound and he’s amazing.”
What is the best present you’ve ever received? “My Bottega Veneta edition woven metallic bag.”
What is your guilty pleasure? “Pinot Noir.”
In today’s boscia backstory, we will get to know Sandra, a boscia sales and education representative on the east coast:
We love Sephora events… and we love giving away amazing boscia goodies even more! Come visit us at one of our upcoming events and give the code word “AMY” (she’s our national trainer, if you haven’t heard!) and receive a free boscia gift, just for stopping by. Here’s where we’ll be in the upcoming weeks… and we’ll keep adding dates as we get them. And in the meantime, check out photos of some of our recent events below!Friday, August 12 Sephora Prudential Centre Boston, MA 12-6 pm Saturday, August 13 Sephora Natick Mall Natick, MA 12-6 pm Friday, August 26 Sephora Dallas Northpark Center Dallas, TX 12-6 pm Saturday, August 27 Sephora Southlake Town Square Southlake, TX 12-6 pm *Promotion valid while supplies last. Only redeemable during event’s specified hours, as listed above.
Today’s boscia backstory is all about Natasha, our Northern California sales and education representative!