Posts tagged ‘skincare’
Although pesky breakouts may seem random, they typically link back to specific causes. Using our face chart, identify your problem areas and follow our suggestions for treating them!
The forehead tends to break out due to stress, or inadequate amounts of sleep. If you don’t make drinking water a habit, you may also experience blemishes in this area. As a general rule, health experts advise consuming half of your body weight in ounces of water daily. Meaning, if you weigh 120 pounds, you should ideally drink 60 ounces of water a day. Avoiding sugary and caffeinated drinks can also improve skin conditions in this area.
boscia’s Rx: Tsubaki Deep Hydartion Sleeping Mask
The T-Zone area includes some of the forehead area and the area down the nose. This visually creates a “T”, thus the name. Breakouts in the t-zone can trace back to eating too many salty foods, and not enough fruits and vegetables. Experts also suggest excessive consumption of dairy and alcohol can contribute to congestion in this area. Typically, cleaning up snacks choices and opting for less salty, more nutritionally balanced choices will help alleviate acne in this area.
boscia’s Rx: No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment
Have you ever tried a new product, only to break out the next day on your cheeks? Often times, the cheeks indicate sensitivity to ingredients or products we use. Another cause of breakouts in this area can stem from phone usage – yes, your cell phone! Cell phones typically carry a lot of bacteria from daily use and can cause breakouts upon contact with the face. A major hidden culprit of acne in this area can often occurs in our sleep. Pillow cases coated with hair products, skin products and sometimes fragrance can easily irritate the skin and cause bacterial breakouts to this sensitive area. Ensure you wash your pillowcase frequently, and do not sleep in makeup!
boscia’s Rx: Balancing Facial Tonic
BLUE: Chin and Jaw
Breakouts occurring around the chin and jaw typically results from hormonal changes in the body. You may find that closer to that time of the month, your skin goes haywire. The heightened level of hormones during this time of the month can frequently translate into uncomfortable acne on the chin and jaw area. Ensuring proper cleansing, keeping hands away from the face, and using a spot treatment can help eliminate and treat these blemishes. For extreme cases, many physicians will suggest birth control to regulate unruly hormones if the breakouts persist.
Where do you tend to breakout? What is your favorite way to combat blemishes? Let us know!
We’re introducing our coolest innovation yet, Cool Blue Hydration Essence. It’s an intense blast of hydration that whips desert-dry skin into shape!
What is an essence?
An essence is known for its extremely high concentration of a nourishing ingredient for the skin. It intensely targets a primary skincare concern; many essence products focus on delivering concentrated, long-lasting hydration. Cool Blue Hydration Essence is unique because it instantly creates moisturization and firmness, while keeping the skin calm and cool.
Why Cool Blue Hydration Essence?
Cool Blue Hydration Essence has powerful ingredients which produce lasting benefits. It is a hydrating gel-serum essence formulated containing less than 1% water (unlike most skincare essence products that typically contain 60-80% water).
The powerful ingredients include:
Sake-based filtrate – Provides 82% of the base formula for instant hydration
Sea Whip – Derived from sea algae, Sea Whip is a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps to calm the skin by reducing inflammation
Caffeine -An antioxidant that firms and brightens the skin
Frescolat – Peppermint-derived, Frescolat gives a refreshing and long-lasting cooling sensation
How do I use it?
Apply 2-3 drops of Cool Blue Hydration Essence in the morning prior to your favorite boscia moisturizer and make-up. Apply it at night with your favorite boscia moisturizer for a deeper hydration as you sleep. Apply it both in the morning and at night, as often as needed.
And it’s great for all skin types!
Dry Skin: Apply Cool Blue Hydration Essence and layer it with Tsubaki Beauty Oil for a deeper hydrating experience.
Oily Skin: Apply Cool Blue Hydration Essence and add your favorite boscia moisturizer for double the hydration!
Have you used Cool Blue Hydration Essence yet? We want to hear from you!
Check out our weekly #bosciablotting winner! Congratulations @kattiology!
It’s National Sibling Day! Whether they’re your best friend or your favorite rival, being a sibling is pretty cool. You have a friend for life and a relationship designed to last the test of time! In honor of all the sibs, we’re featuring “the perfect pair” of boscia products. Combine these products for a lifelong friendship … with your skin!
- Konjac Cleansing Sponge + your favorite boscia cleanser – Your skin will thank you for this duo! Simply apply a pump or two of your favorite boscia cleanser to your Konjac Cleansing Sponge and gently massage in a circular motion to remove dirt, make-up, and impurities. Our Konjac Cleansing Sponge is gentle enough for even the most sensitive of skin types and can be used over the face, neck, and even the delicate under eye area. We can hear your skin saying, “ahhhh” from here!
- Tsubaki Beauty Oil + your favorite boscia moisturizer – Hydration to the max! Apply a few drops of Tsubaki Beauty Oil to clean skin and then apply your favorite boscia moisturizer (or mix them together!) for firmer, brighter and seriously hydrated skin!
- Cool Blue Calming Mask + Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm – Everyone loves a great peel-off mask! Pair our Cool Blue Calming Mask (designed to calm, hydrate and refresh the skin) with our Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm (a cooling and soothing eye balm that instantly de-puffs and revives tired eyes) for a splash of “cool” hydration!
What are some of your favorite boscia pairs? Drop us a note here, on Twitter, @bosciaskincare or on Instagram, @boscia! xo
Congratulations to our #bosciablotting winner this week, @cecereviews! Fabulous boscia product is on its’ way! :-)
Don’t forget to post your images for a chance to win free product (and our love!) every week. Just follow us, and tag your picture with #bosciablotting. We’ll find it! Good luck!
Grab your flower headband, oversized shades and some SPF … it’s FESTIVAL SEASON! Whether you’re going to Coachella or Stagecoach (or both!) there are some must-have beauty products that are essential when braving the crowds, enjoying the music and soaking up the sun. Here’s our FAB 5 boscia products to toss in that adorable festival-approved tote!
- THE PROPER (AND MOST ADORABLE) SUNSCREEN – Not only does our Daily Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 have the most chic packaging ever but SPF 50 is a necessary item for any outdoor event. boscia has you covered when it comes to a multi-benefit sunscreen. Daily Defense absorbs UVA rays to prevent skin damage (like fine lines and wrinkles), it improves the appearance of skin with moisturizing benefits to improve hydration, and reduces moisture loss to maintain skin elasticity and softness – the super stylish tube doesn’t hurt either!
- A FANTASTIC B.B. CREAM – Less is always more when it comes to an outdoor party – with the heat, the sweat, the crowds – you get it. Our B.B. Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27 is a self-adjusting shade formulated for all skin types. It’s the ideal product to create a lustrous look and a flawless finish as it hydrates, firms and soothes the skin. Every festival-going gal needs a B.B. Cream that provides long-wearing, natural coverage that conceals imperfections. YOU, meet B.B.!
- THE PERFECT FACE WASH – Break up with your make up – and decongest your pores from the day! Our MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil goes onto dry skin to break up every ounce of make-up and even breaks down your sunscreen. It’s gentle enough for the sensitive eye area but tough enough to get your face make-up free – including the most stubborn of waterproof mascara! Try incorporating our Konjac Cleansing Sponge into your routine for a pillow-soft cleanse and exfoliation leaving you with even smoother, softer and brighter-looking skin.
- A LIGHT MOISTURIZER – Everyone loves moisturized and hydrated skin so we recommend a light moisturizer for the day, especially if you’re going hippy-chic and make-up free! Our Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is the perfect (and prettiest) lightweight moisturizer for festival season. Self-Defense contains 8 antioxidants that help prevent premature signs of aging, repair existing damage, protect against environmental stressors, and promote elasticity and tone. It contains Rice Bran Oil which helps to reduce dark spots and increase micro-circulation for soft, glowing skin.
FUN FACT: In Japan, to call a woman a “”Nuka Bijin,” or a “Rice Bran Beauty, is a great compliment; it refers back to the glowing, youthful skin of women who worked in rice fields, washed the newly-harvested rice, and became exposed to high levels of Rice Bran Oil.
- A FACE MASK – Our calming and refreshing peel-off Cool Blue Calming Mask is the ideal mask for skin revival after a festival! It instantly cools, calms inflammation, and hydrates which is ideal for after-sun care and (yikes) any sunburns.
So what are your top festival season must-haves?