5 Common Face Washing Mistakes

June 6, 2016 at 9:00 am 9 comments

Cleansing Main

Cleansing is the most important step in your skin care routine. You wash your face every morning and night – seems simple and straightforward, right? However, there are mistakes many people unknowingly make when cleansing. Proper cleansing is the foundation for clear and healthy skin. Today, we show you how to avoid five common face washing mistakes to ensure you are getting the most out of your skincare routine!

1. Cleanse with lukewarm water for best cleansing results

Cleanse your face using water that is lukewarm– not too hot and not too cold. Cleansing with very warm water strips the skin of its natural oils; therefore, it is not ideal to wash your face while taking a hot shower. On the other hand, while cleansing with cold water can help tighten and close pores, this can also result in pores not being thoroughly cleansed.

2.Wash your hands before cleansing your skin to avoid spreading bacteriaCleansing Square

Don’t forget to always wash your hands before cleansing your face, as you don’t want to mix the bacteria on your hands with the cleanser. Bacteria can infect the skin and transfer onto your face, causing more breakouts!

3.Applying cleanser to dry skin can cause irritation

Not dampening your face before applying cleanser can make it difficult to spread the product while washing. Friction caused by rubbing the cleanser on a dry face can lead to skin irritation, redness, and fine lines.

4.Wiping and drying your face with a towel transfers bacteria

Instead of wiping and drying your face with a towel after cleansing, pat it dry with a paper towel. Germs can grow on towels, especially within the humid bathroom environment, and they will thrive unless you wash your towels every day. Wiping your face with these towels transfers the bacteria from them onto your face!

5.Washing your face too fast or for too long can damage your skin

The ideal amount of time you need to cleanse your face is between 30 seconds to one minute. Washing your face for too long can damage the skin’s natural moisture barrier, while washing your face too fast can cause you to miss or not properly cleanse some areas.

What are some of your secret beauty tips for cleansing your face? Share them with us by leaving your comment below for a chance to win our Black Charcoal Cleansing Cloths!

Entry filed under: Uncategorized.

Meet Our Cool Blue Hydration Essence! No “Squeaky” Clean Cleansing!

• 1. slynn1243 (@slynn1243)  |  June 9, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Use a new clean towel to dry your face every time you wash your face, don’t use the same one over and over.

• 2. Sydney Snyder  |  June 9, 2016 at 4:01 pm

After cleansing and lightly patting my face dry (leaving it still slightly damp), I spray my face with my Clear Complexion Tonic. It seems to absorb much better this way. I then let the tonic/my skin air dry. I avoided dry skin all winter by doing this!

• 3. boscia  |  June 14, 2016 at 11:56 am

Hi Sydney,
      Congratulations! You have won our Black Charcoal Cleansing Cloths! Thank you for your comment. Please email us your mailing info at anny@boscia.com. Thank you.

• 4. Danelle  |  June 9, 2016 at 6:53 pm

If time allows let your face air dry. And ALWAYS wash your face regardless of what time you get in.

• 5. shell  |  June 11, 2016 at 1:19 pm

I spray my skin with Clear Complexion Tonic while still damp, it penetrates better this way then I just let my face air dry and add moisture at night and BB Cream in morning.

• 6. shell  |  June 11, 2016 at 1:22 pm

I always wash my skin, regardless of how tired I am. Detoxifying Black Cleanser is my favorite cleanser. The new pore pudding is my fave mask, nothing keeps my pores cleaner.

• 7. shell  |  June 11, 2016 at 4:11 pm

I have always washed my skin twice. I know you can strip skin by over cleansing, but with the influx of oils – both in moisturizers and cleansers its easier to thoroughly clean skin w/o over stripping. In hot humid Florida I love Makeup Breakup or Tsubaki as a precleanser befre I mask. I use one of the oil/gels first and follow with either facial cleansing cloths or water and a konjac sponge then mask, and follow with Black Detoxifying in the shower. It seems like a lot, but I have truly oily skin with large pores. Boscia keeps my skin cleaner and my pores are smaller than they ever have been.

• 8. boscia  |  June 14, 2016 at 11:57 am

Hi Shell,

• 9. CYNTHIA  |  December 6, 2016 at 8:54 pm

I was so happy after using Boscia products esp.black mask.I have spent lots of money because I have large pores all over my face and blackheads around my nose.
    First time I tried my sample, I begun to see improvements in my skin.I don’t need to tell you I went back to the store after doing my skin quiz and bought all the products for my type of skin including BB makeup.Thanks Boscia.