Posts filed under ‘Uncategorized’
Remember when your mom told you to wash your makeup off before going to bed, but you didn’t listen and woke up with a breakout on your face the next day? When it comes to beauty advice, it turns out mom is always right! To celebrate Mother’s Day, the boscia team shares (and gives!) our favorite skin care advice from our moms.
“Whether I was wearing makeup or not, my mom always expressed to me the importance of washing my face before going to bed. It’s gross to think about all the dirt that is left on the skin at the end of the day, so I always make sure I go to bed with a freshly cleansed face!” – Molly, Associate, Sales & Planning
“Stay fit. Use sunscreen. Drink water. Don’t eat sugar.” – Alisha, Coordinator, Marketing
“My mom taught me to always take the extra time at night to cleanse and moisturize my face before I sleep! The skin needs time to breathe and recharge after a day with makeup!” – Christine, Brand Manager, China & Overseas Projects
“I always tell my daughter to put on sunscreen and wash her face carefully to keep healthier looking skin, since she is in the pool all through the year.” – Mika, Customer Service Representative
“My mom always has the best advice, and that includes skincare! She is always advising people to wear sunscreen and, as always, she is right – that is the most important part of a skincare ritual. Thanks to her, I wear SPF every day, and hopefully I won’t pre-maturely age!” – Sarah, Account Executive, Sales & Education
“My mom always tells me to extend skincare products onto my neck, even face masks! Wrinkles and fine lines show up sooner on our neck than on other areas.” – Ann, Coordinator, Marketing
“My mom always tells me to remember to do my skincare regimen morning and night, no matter what!” – Alyssa, Intern, Marketing
“Since I was a teenager, my mom has always told me to wash my face every night before going to bed, and never sleep with my makeup on.” – Ashley, Coordinator, Marketing
“Growing up in 120° weather, my mom always told me to wear sunscreen and a hat!” – Jamie, Assistant Manager, Marketing
“My mom and I both love all things beauty. We enjoy shopping for new products and sharing our favorite finds. While we have so much fun doing so, my mom has always stressed the importance of maintaining a skincare routine. Your skin is your canvas, and it is crucial that you take care of it. Regularly cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing preps it for makeup and keeps you looking better long term. Consistently following these steps makes all those fun, new beauty goodies work even better. As a bonus, splash your face with cold water after cleansing. It’s refreshing and helps tighten your pores!” – Michelle, Director, Product Development & Regulatory
“[My mom says,] ‘I would tell you not to overdo the makeup and always clean your face. Take care of your skin when you are young, and make sure you use sunscreen.’” – Wendi, Graphic Designer
“[My mom says,] ‘After your cleansing and moisturizing ritual, always remember to rub excess moisturizer onto your hands. People can tell your age by your hands!’” – Mali, Manager, Sales & Planning
What skin care tips did your mom pass down to you? We hope you and all of the special mothers in your life have a wonderful time celebrating this Sunday!
Black Charcoal Cleansing Cloths are a skin care must for our boscia team – we have them in our cars, travel luggage, and gym bags at all times! Infused with a charcoal pore treatment blend, they not only deeply cleanse our faces, but also minimize pores for smooth and fresh complexions. These cleansing cloths are especially convenient for on-the-go cleansing or when we do not have enough time to wash our faces.
In just one simple, quick wipe, the ingredients in Black Charcoal Cleansing Cloths absorb pore impurities while improving your skin texture!
- Absorbs excess oil and impurities to deeply exfoliate pores and refine complexion
- An antioxidant rich in vitamins that protects against free radical damage and promotes skin’s elasticity to tighten pore walls
- An alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that clarifies skin and reduces wrinkles and hyperpigmentation
- Improves skin texture by promoting exfoliation on the upper level of the epidermis
Carry our Black Charcoal Cleansing Cloths in your car, suitcase, and gym bag to give yourself a quick, deep cleanse whenever you need it!
What products must you always carry in your travel or gym bags? Do you take our Black Charcoal Cleansing Cloths? We’d love to hear from you!
For many of us, beauty oil has become a staple in our skin care routines. boscia’s Tsubaki Beauty Oil is suitable for all skin types and can be used during every season. Did you know that you can use beauty oil in other ways besides directly applying it to your face? Today, we will show you how to maximize your beauty oil in six different ways using our Tsubaki Beauty Oil!
1. Every morning and evening, massage your face with Tsubaki Beauty Oil in upward motions after cleansing and toning. The tsubaki (camellia) oil firms, brightens, and hydrates your complexion, while the upward motions of the massage helps lift skin and release stress after a long day!
2. Add seven to ten drops of Tsubaki Beauty Oil into bath water and massage the mixture into your skin for a calming, luxurious, and moisturizing treat. The combination of oil and water will not only soften skin, but the natural scents of tsubaki and rice bran oil will leave you feeling relaxed. You can complete your weekly bath time ritual with candles, bath bombs, and your favorite music!
3. For days when you want to relieve stress but have no time for a bath, try this soothing treatment: add three to four drops of Tsubaki Beauty Oil into a bowl with warm to hot water, and place your face over the steam. The warmth of the steam helps soften skin and open pores. Next, place a small, clean towel into the bowl, and then lay it over your face with closed eyes for ten minutes. The warmth of the towel and natural scents from the beauty oil will calm your senses while the hydrating and brightening ingredients nourish your skin!
4. Did you know that Tsubaki Beauty Oil is a great smoothing treatment for hair? Massage the oil into towel-dried or dry hair to help repair split ends and manage tangles.
5. Create a glowing complexion by adding two to three drops of Tsubaki Beauty Oil to our B.B. Cream Light Broad Spectrum SPF 27 PA++ or your favorite foundation. The beauty oil thins the B.B. cream or foundation, allowing it to blend more easily, while providing additional moisture for your skin.
6. Lastly, use Tsubaki Beauty Oil to quickly hydrate dry body parts. For most of us, these include our ankles, elbows, nails, and the area around our nails. The oil will provide an instant smoothing radiance!
How many different ways can you use your Tsubaki Beauty Oil? Share them with us in the comments below, and you’ll have a chance to win a full-size Tsubaki Beauty Oil AND Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder! (Beauty tip: Mix our Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder with Tsubaki Beauty Oil instead of water to give your skin extra hydration benefits while you exfoliate!)
People with oily skin tend to skip applying moisturizer because they believe it will make their faces oilier and cause breakouts. However, oily skin is actually the result of an imbalance in water and oil in the skin – an insufficient amount of water leads the skin to produce more oil, since it overcompensates for lack of hydration. Therefore, it is necessary that they not only provide hydration to their skin with a toner or serum, but also complete their daily routines with moisturizer to ensure their skin is well-hydrated. For people with oily skin, an oil-free moisturizer is best. Today, we will be sharing our Oil-free Nightly Hydration moisturizer that provides weightless hydration while combating excess oil!
Silica Powder and Burdock Root
- Absorb excess oil and prevent shine
- Refine the appearance of pores and provide a smooth finish to skin
- Burdock Root also offers antibacterial benefits
Licorice Root Extract
- An antioxidant that helps to calm, soothe, and reduce irritation
- Reduces hyperpigmentation and minimizes the appearance of dark spots by preventing melanin synthesis
Pine Bark Extract
- Provides powerful antioxidant benefits
- Provides energy to dull skin, allowing it to regain health and vitality
- A complex of Algae Extract that prevents premature aging by repairing existing damage and protecting the skin from new damage caused by environmental stress and UV rays
- Maintains skin elasticity and tone
Apply two to three pumps of Oil-free Nightly Hydration every evening after cleansing and toning skin.
Do you feel that moisturizer would make your face oilier, even if your skin is dehydrated? Try our Oil-free Nightly Hydration for weightless moisture and a healthy, oil-free complexion!
Men often overlook the importance of skin care or feel that having a skin care routine is too-time consuming. However, did you know that men’s skin produces more oil than that of women’s due to differences in hormones? Excess oil can lead to enlarged pores, skin impurities, and breakouts without proper care. Today, we will be sharing with you a simple, yet effective, skin care routine that any man can do!
Cleansing is the most important step in one’s skin care routine; excess dirt and oil from our everyday surrounding environment can clog pores and cause breakouts. Cleanse your face every morning and evening with boscia’s Detoxifying Black Cleanser, or try our Clear Complexion Cleanser if you have blemish-prone skin. Detoxifying Black Cleanser is a special gel cleanser that deeply cleans and dissolves impurities with Activated Charcoal, which creates a warming sensation when massaged on the skin. This cleanser also helps to minimize the appearance of pores over time. Clear Complexion Cleanser is a lightweight, refreshing cleansing gel that purifies and refines pores to maintain a clear complexion. Willow Bark Extract, a natural salicylic acid, gently and effectively exfoliates, while Rosemary Leaf Extract reduces inflammation from previous and current breakouts.
Always follow with toner after cleansing. Toner restores skin’s natural pH balance, helping it resist harmful bacteria. In addition, toner also provides the first layer of hydration for our skin. It is vital that we ensure our skin is well-hydrated so that it does not overcompensate for lack of moisture by producing more oil. For a quick, fuss-free toner application, try our toner sprays: the refreshing Balancing Facial Tonic naturally eliminates impurities and calms skin with Essential Lavender Water, while the soothing Clear Complexion Tonic utilizes Willow Bark Extract to gently clarify, purify, and refine pores, without irritation.
Complete your daily skin care routine with a moisturizer. Moisturizer not only moisturizes skin, but also seals in the first layer of hydration applied with toner. Because men’s skin produces more oil than that of women’s, an oil-free moisturizer is ideal. Apply our Oil-free Daily Hydration Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in the morning and Oil-free Nightly Hydration in the evening. These moisturizers provide weightless hydration while helping to combat excess oil produced by the skin. It is very important to apply a moisturizer with sun protection in the morning, because damaging UV rays can cause skin dryness, discoloration, and even cancer.
As you can see, a skin care routine does not need to be a time-consuming task or made of complicated steps. Try our simple three-step routine daily, and let us know how it works for you!
Staying up late and waking up very early in the morning can make our eyes look puffy and tired with dark circles, especially when we are in the middle of the school and work week. That’s why the boscia team’s love of the week is our “Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm”! We have been carrying this eye balm with us every day because it instantly de-puffs and revives our tired eyes without making a mess in our bags.
These ingredients revive and soothe your eyes with a cooling sensation like an ice cube!
Super 7 – Peptide Complex
- Diminishes puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines
- Eyeseryl, a tetrapeptide, prevents eye bags by inhibiting loss of elasticity, wrinkle formation, and liquid accumulation
- Matrixyl 3000 provides a visible anti-wrinkle and lifting effect, stimulates the renewal of cells, and boosts collagen production
Licorice Root Extract
- An antioxidant that calms, reduces hyperpigmentation, and minimizes the appearance of dark spots by inhibiting melanin synthesis
Rose Oil and Rosemary Oil
- A blend of botanical oils that provide sheer hydration
- Derived specifically from menthol, it creates a long-lasting cooling and refreshing sensation that is safe to use around the eye area
Apply Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm in the morning and evening as part of your skincare routine. Carry it in your bag to apply over makeup whenever you need a quick fix.
Share your bright-eyed secrets with us: How do you revive tired eyes in the middle of the day, or refresh them for a wide-awake start in the morning?
Do you have a date coming up soon? Are you excited but worried about your complexion not looking its best? Don’t be nervous! We are here to show you how to achieve glowing, stunning skin that your date will not forget, step-by-step!
STEP 1: Cleanse your face with boscia’s Clear Complexion Cleanser and Konjac Cleansing Sponge with Complexion Clearing Clay. Thorough cleansing prepares our skin to better absorb all of the skincare products that we are going to apply, instead of layering them on top of dirt and oil. Our Clear Complexion Cleanser is a lightweight, refreshing, gel cleanser that thoroughly cleanses, purifies, and refines pores to maintain a clear complexion. It is especially beneficial for acne-prone skin. Pair the cleanser with our Konjac Cleansing Sponge infused with green clay to clarifies and gently exfoliate dead skin cells that can block products from penetrating into the skin. You’ll be left with a smoother, brighter-looking complexion!
STEP 2: Apply toner after cleansing to restore skin’s natural pH balance and provide its first layer of hydration.
STEP 3: Throw on a boscia hydrogel mask to deeply hydrate and brighten your skin while taking a relaxing, luxurious bath with your favorite bath bomb, candles, and music. Remember to not to sit in the tub for too long, though – this can cause our skin to wrinkle!
STEP 4: Massage your face with our Tsubaki Beauty Oil to give your skin an instantly visible radiance! Tsubaki Beauty Oil not only provides protection against free-radical damage and prevents premature signs of aging, but also brightens and hydrates.
STEP 5: Don’t forget your eyes and lips, as you don’t want puffy eyes and cracked lips while your date looks at your face! Apply a thick layer of lip balm and boscia’s Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm. This eye balm instantly de-puffs, hydrates, and revives tired eyes with its cooling and soothing effects. Carry the eye balm in your bag in case you need a quick fix during the night. The stick formula will not disrupt makeup or spill and make a mess!
STEP 6: Apply your favorite facial moisturizer to complete your skincare routine. Moisturizer not only moisturizes your skin, but also seals in all of the skincare products you have applied prior. Try our Tsubaki Glotion as your final routine step to hydrate and smooth skin while giving your complexion an extra glowing boost with its natural, mineral blend of light-reflecting pigments!
Now that we have completed our date night skincare preparations, we are ready to put on makeup, style our hair, and select the perfect outfit to complete the stunning and glowing look that our date will never forget!