Posts filed under ‘Uncategorized’
Labor Day is almost here – do you have endless activities with little sleep planned for the long weekend ahead? To look rested and radiant for the holiday, keep reading below for this week’s beauty tips!
1. Mask Away Dry Skin
During sleep, cell metabolism is most active, and consequently, skin is in the process of repairing itself. Staying up late slows down cell metabolism and thus, skin repair, causing skin to lose hydration and become dry. Throw on a face mask, like our Tsubaki Oil Deep Hydration Hydrogel Mask, to replenish hydration lost from lack of sleep. Infused with Tsubaki (Camellia) Oil, this mask delivers moisture deep into skin, leaving it suppler, softer, and smoother.
2. De-Puff Tired Eyes
Lack of sleep not only causes decreased hydration in skin, but also leads to liquid accumulation around the eyes, forming “puffy” eyes or under-eye bags. Combat this effect by swiping on our Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm. This cooling balm instantly de-puffs, soothes, and revives tired eyes with a special Super-7-Peptide Complex. For an even greater de-puffing treatment, chill two metal spoons in the refrigerator overnight and place them over eyes in the morning.
3. Prevent Breakouts
Did you know that staying up late can also cause breakouts? When the body doesn’t receive adequate rest, hormone levels are affected and oil glands become more active, which leads to clogged pores and blemishes. To help prevent breakouts from occurring after a long night, apply our Clear Complexion Treatment to clear congested pores with Willow Bark, a natural salicylic acid.
4. Moisturize and Glow
After a night out, skin has a tendency to look especially dull; reach for our Tsubaki Glotion or Sake Balm to quickly get glowing. Tsubaki Glotion contains Tsubaki (Camellia) Oil and Rice Bran Oil to replenish moisture, in addition to a natural mineral blend of light-reflecting pigments to instantly provide skin with a soft and subtle glow. With its unique “bouncing” gel texture, Sake Balm brightens and hydrates skin with the vitamin and mineral-rich power of Japanese Sake.
Worried about your complexion not appearing its best after a sleepless Labor Day weekend? Try these beauty tips to look rested and radiant, no matter how much (or little) sleep you get!
We have all experienced the internal struggle: upon seeing an unsightly breakout on our face, we fight the temptation to pop it, because we know better. Instead of clearing our skin, squeezing acne results in greater inflammation, potential infection caused by bacteria on our hands, and even serious scarring. To help heal acne the safe way, try our Clear Complexion Tonic – a soothing toner with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that is especially suitable for blemish-prone skin. It gently purifies and refines the appearance of pores to maintain a clear complexion, without causing further irritation to skin.
These ingredients unclog pores, minimize dark spots, and relieve dryness!
Willow Bark Extract
- A natural salicylic acid derived from Willow Tree that gently and effectively exfoliates to unclog and purify pores
- Refines pore appearance
- Minimizes dark spots from previous breakouts
Rosemary Leaf Extract
- An effective antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that firms skin and visibly reduces pore appearance
- Possesses natural anti-bacterial benefits and helps with circulation
- A natural antiseptic that eliminates impurities, refines the appearance of pores, and soothes skin
- Rebalances skin’s pH level for maximum product absorption and treatment benefits
- An amino acid that improves and maintains skin’s natural moisture balance
- Relieves dryness, leaving the skin soft and supple
- An emollient derived from cork trees with anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial benefits
- Rebalances sebum production
To apply, mist Clear Complexion Tonic directly onto skin after cleansing during your morning and evening routine. You can also carry this spray in your bag to give skin a soothing spritz whenever you need it!
What are some of your secret beauty tips for fighting or preventing acne? Share them with us in the comments below for a chance to win our Clear Complexion Tonic! (U.S. residents only)
Have you ever celebrated the clearing of acne, only to later find yourself discouraged by the appearance of scars? These dark, reddish-brown spots can exist on skin for several weeks or even months, stirring feelings of embarrassment and frustration. Today, we are sharing four boscia beauty tips to help quickly fade acne scars and reveal clearer skin.
1. Apply Sun Protection
Remember to apply sun protection every day, regardless of the weather and location (indoors or outdoors). In addition to protecting skin from sunburn and skin cancer caused by harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, sun protection also prevents acne scars from becoming darker. Excessive exposure to UV rays leads to an increase in melanin production, causing hyperpigmentation and scarring to become more apparent.
2. Exfoliate Regularly
When acne is present, it is best to avoid exfoliating, as this can damage the natural barrier on skin that helps heal breakouts and prevent bacteria from spreading to other parts of the face. However, once acne has cleared, regular exfoliation actually speeds up the healing process by removing the surface layers of scars and dead skin and promoting the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
3. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!
Keep skin well-hydrated to encourage the healing process of acne scars by applying moisturizer every day, morning and night. Excessive dryness can irritate skin, ultimately worsening scarring.
4. Include Acne Treatment and Brightening Products
Apply a combination of acne treatment and skin brightening products to help scars fade. Our Clear Complexion Collection is infused with willow bark extract to gently exfoliate, purify pores, and minimize dark spots from previous breakouts. In addition our new peel-off Sake Bright White Mask contains sake to not only moisturize, but also even skin tone and diminish the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
Are you frustrated with spots and marks left behind by acne? Try these beauty tips today to help them quickly fade away!
Are you bothered by large pores and shine, especially on your T-zone? The T-zone contains more oil glands and secretes more sebum than any other part of the face, causing excess oil, blackheads, and enlarged pores to appear more prominently in this area. Our No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment is a multi-tasking treatment that reduces the appearance of pores and blackheads instantly. The treatment also mattifies and provides a smooth canvas to increase the longevity of your makeup, all day long.
These ingredients decrease the appearance of pores, absorb excess oil, and reduce dark spots!
Artichoke Leaf Extract
- Reduces the appearance of pore size by increasing skin elasticity; pore wall is less likely to stretch and retain debris
- Inhibits hyperpigmentation and brightens pore wall
- Absorbs excess oil and prevents shine throughout the day
- Refines pore appearance and provides a smooth finish to skin
Burdock Root Extract
- Possesses powerful antibacterial properties that fight and prevent blemishes
- Deliver powerful botanicals to reduce sebum production
- A superior antioxidant that provides excellent free radical protection
- Its exfoliation properties reduce blackheads and refine skin texture
- An antioxidant that calms, soothes, and conditions skin
- Reduces hyperpigmentation and minimizes the appearance of dark spots by inhibiting melanin synthesis
Apply one to two pumps of No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment to the face focusing on the T-zone area after moisturizing. Beauty Tips -> Apply No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment after removing our Luminizing Black Mask and Pore Purifying Black Strips to further maximize their pore-minimizing benefits. You can also use it as a primer before applying makeup or on top of makeup whenever you need a mattifying touch-up throughout the day!
Fight large pores and excess oil today with our No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment!
Do you sometimes feel that your skincare products aren’t providing expected results? Although there is the possibility that you may have selected the wrong product, there are other reasons that could contribute to this occurrence. Today, we are sharing with you four ways to ensure your skincare products are working effectively!
1. Follow the directions when applying
Make sure to carefully follow the usage directions whenever applying a product. This includes the appropriate amount, when to apply the product within a skincare routine, and application on dry or damp skin. These factors can all affect the maximum treatment benefits of a product.
2. Store skincare products in a proper place
Even though it is convenient to store skincare products in the bathroom, this is not the optimal location; heat, humidity from steam, and direct sunlight can degrade product ingredients and even encourage bacteria growth. Instead, store products in an environment that is clean, cool, and dark.
3. Massage skin while applying products
Do you quickly rub products into your skin to rush and complete your skincare routine? Take time to slow down and gently pat or massage skin while applying products. This not only helps skin better absorb products, but also releases stress and improves blood circulation, all of which contribute to a healthy, glowing complexion!
4. Deep cleanse pores regularly
Deep cleansing pores once a week is an important part of any skincare routine. Layering skincare products over pores filled with dirt, oil, and bacteria from the week not only prevents products from penetrating deep into skin, but can also further clog pores and cause breakouts.
Do you feel that your skincare products aren’t performing at their best? Try these four tips today to maximize their potential!
Free radicals are highly reactive chemicals emitted by a variety of sources, including sunlight, air pollution, smoke, and alcohol. They damage healthy cells in the body, which can lead to signs of aging, such as wrinkles. Antioxidants, on the other hand, are chemicals naturally produced in the body that protect it against free radical damage. However, the body’s natural production of antioxidants slows down with age; as a result, it is important to replenish its supply of antioxidants to reduce further damage caused by free radicals. Our Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is an antioxidant-rich moisturizer that provides sun protection and prevents the first signs of aging, all while hydrating and nourishing skin.
These antioxidant-rich ingredients prevent premature aging, repair existing damage, and protect the skin against environmental stressors!
Rice Bran Oil
- Reduces dark spots and increases micro-circulation for soft, glowing skin
- An antioxidant-rich oil that prevents premature aging by providing essential nutrients and minimizing damage caused by UV rays, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and lack of firmness
- Strengthens skin’s natural moisture barrier to provide long-lasting moisture and improve moisture retention
Olive Fruit Oil and Pine Bark Extract
- Provides powerful antioxidant benefits
- Maintains skin’s optimal moisture levels
- A polyphenol extract from red wine that delays premature aging by fighting free radicals, promoting firmness and elasticity, and reducing discoloration
Actiphyte of Algae
- Repairs existing damage and protects skin against future damage caused by environmental stressors and UV rays
Actiphyte of Carrot Fresh
- Improves elasticity and tone for younger-looking skin
SPF 30 UVA/UVB Sunscreen (Broad Spectrum Sunscreen)
- Octinoxate, a chemical sunscreen that absorbs UVB radiation to prevent skin damage
- Avobenzone (Parsol 1789), a chemical sunscreen that absorbs UVA radiation to prevent skin damage
During your morning routine, apply Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 to clean skin, 15 minutes before sun exposure.
With increasing environment stressors, it is never too early to replenish skin’s antioxidant levels. Protect against free radicals and delay aging with our Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30!
We all know the importance of applying sun protection to protect our skin from damage caused by harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, including dark spots, burns, and skin cancer. Yet, there is more to sun protection than simply applying SPF products onto skin. In today’s post, we will be debunking several common sun protection mistakes and teaching you how to get the most effective coverage from your products.
1. “I only need to apply sun protection right before exposure”
Sunscreens are classified into two categories: physical and chemical. Physical sunscreen protects skin by scattering UV lights, whereas chemical sunscreen absorbs UV radiation. For optimal effectiveness when using a chemical sunscreen, apply the product 15 minutes before sun exposure to allow it to be fully absorbed by skin.
2. “I don’t need to apply sun protection if I’m staying indoors”
Many people believe that it is not necessary to apply sun protection if they are staying indoors. However, powerful UV rays can penetrate through windows and continue to cause skin damage. As a result, it is important to apply sun protection every day, regardless of location.
3. “It is necessary to reapply sun protection every two to three hours”
The general rule of reapplying sun protection depends on location and activity for the day. For example, if you are spending most of your day outdoors – participating in water-related activities, or sweating heavily – it is necessary to reapply sunscreen every two to three hours. Yet, if you are spending most of your indoors – attending work or school – the amount of sunscreen applied in the morning should provide you with adequate protection for the entire day.
4. “Adding the SPF level on my makeup and skincare products together gives me a combined SPF level”
Adding the SPF level of makeup and skincare products together does not provide a combined higher sun protection. The actual level of protection acquired is based on the product with the highest SPF level. For example, if your foundation is SPF 15 and your moisturizer is SPF 30, your skin will be protected by an SPF of 30.
Make sure to avoid these common sun protection mistakes to properly protect your skin against sun damage!