For many of us, beauty oil has become a staple in our skin care routines. boscia’s Tsubaki Beauty Oil is suitable for all skin types and can be used during every season. Did you know that you can use beauty oil in other ways besides directly applying it to your face? Today, we will show you how to maximize your beauty oil in six different ways using our Tsubaki Beauty Oil!
1. Every morning and evening, massage your face with Tsubaki Beauty Oil in upward motions after cleansing and toning. The tsubaki (camellia) oil firms, brightens, and hydrates your complexion, while the upward motions of the massage helps lift skin and release stress after a long day!
2. Add seven to ten drops of Tsubaki Beauty Oil into bath water and massage the mixture into your skin for a calming, luxurious, and moisturizing treat. The combination of oil and water will not only soften skin, but the natural scents of tsubaki and rice bran oil will leave you feeling relaxed. You can complete your weekly bath time ritual with candles, bath bombs, and your favorite music!
3. For days when you want to relieve stress but have no time for a bath, try this soothing treatment: add three to four drops of Tsubaki Beauty Oil into a bowl with warm to hot water, and place your face over the steam. The warmth of the steam helps soften skin and open pores. Next, place a small, clean towel into the bowl, and then lay it over your face with closed eyes for ten minutes. The warmth of the towel and natural scents from the beauty oil will calm your senses while the hydrating and brightening ingredients nourish your skin!
4. Did you know that Tsubaki Beauty Oil is a great smoothing treatment for hair? Massage the oil into towel-dried or dry hair to help repair split ends and manage tangles.
5. Create a glowing complexion by adding two to three drops of Tsubaki Beauty Oil to our B.B. Cream Light Broad Spectrum SPF 27 PA++ or your favorite foundation. The beauty oil thins the B.B. cream or foundation, allowing it to blend more easily, while providing additional moisture for your skin.
6. Lastly, use Tsubaki Beauty Oil to quickly hydrate dry body parts. For most of us, these include our ankles, elbows, nails, and the area around our nails. The oil will provide an instant smoothing radiance!
How many different ways can you use your Tsubaki Beauty Oil? Share them with us in the comments below, and you’ll have a chance to win a full-size Tsubaki Beauty Oil AND Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder! (Beauty tip: Mix our Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder with Tsubaki Beauty Oil instead of water to give your skin extra hydration benefits while you exfoliate!)
People with oily skin tend to skip applying moisturizer because they believe it will make their faces oilier and cause breakouts. However, oily skin is actually the result of an imbalance in water and oil in the skin – an insufficient amount of water leads the skin to produce more oil, since it overcompensates for lack of hydration. Therefore, it is necessary that they not only provide hydration to their skin with a toner or serum, but also complete their daily routines with moisturizer to ensure their skin is well-hydrated. For people with oily skin, an oil-free moisturizer is best. Today, we will be sharing our Oil-free Nightly Hydration moisturizer that provides weightless hydration while combating excess oil!
Silica Powder and Burdock Root
- Absorb excess oil and prevent shine
- Refine the appearance of pores and provide a smooth finish to skin
- Burdock Root also offers antibacterial benefits
Licorice Root Extract
- An antioxidant that helps to calm, soothe, and reduce irritation
- Reduces hyperpigmentation and minimizes the appearance of dark spots by preventing melanin synthesis
Pine Bark Extract
- Provides powerful antioxidant benefits
- Provides energy to dull skin, allowing it to regain health and vitality
- A complex of Algae Extract that prevents premature aging by repairing existing damage and protecting the skin from new damage caused by environmental stress and UV rays
- Maintains skin elasticity and tone
Apply two to three pumps of Oil-free Nightly Hydration every evening after cleansing and toning skin.
Do you feel that moisturizer would make your face oilier, even if your skin is dehydrated? Try our Oil-free Nightly Hydration for weightless moisture and a healthy, oil-free complexion!
Men often overlook the importance of skin care or feel that having a skin care routine is too-time consuming. However, did you know that men’s skin produces more oil than that of women’s due to differences in hormones? Excess oil can lead to enlarged pores, skin impurities, and breakouts without proper care. Today, we will be sharing with you a simple, yet effective, skin care routine that any man can do!
Cleansing is the most important step in one’s skin care routine; excess dirt and oil from our everyday surrounding environment can clog pores and cause breakouts. Cleanse your face every morning and evening with boscia’s Detoxifying Black Cleanser, or try our Clear Complexion Cleanser if you have blemish-prone skin. Detoxifying Black Cleanser is a special gel cleanser that deeply cleans and dissolves impurities with Activated Charcoal, which creates a warming sensation when massaged on the skin. This cleanser also helps to minimize the appearance of pores over time. Clear Complexion Cleanser is a lightweight, refreshing cleansing gel that purifies and refines pores to maintain a clear complexion. Willow Bark Extract, a natural salicylic acid, gently and effectively exfoliates, while Rosemary Leaf Extract reduces inflammation from previous and current breakouts.
Always follow with toner after cleansing. Toner restores skin’s natural pH balance, helping it resist harmful bacteria. In addition, toner also provides the first layer of hydration for our skin. It is vital that we ensure our skin is well-hydrated so that it does not overcompensate for lack of moisture by producing more oil. For a quick, fuss-free toner application, try our toner sprays: the refreshing Balancing Facial Tonic naturally eliminates impurities and calms skin with Essential Lavender Water, while the soothing Clear Complexion Tonic utilizes Willow Bark Extract to gently clarify, purify, and refine pores, without irritation.
Complete your daily skin care routine with a moisturizer. Moisturizer not only moisturizes skin, but also seals in the first layer of hydration applied with toner. Because men’s skin produces more oil than that of women’s, an oil-free moisturizer is ideal. Apply our Oil-free Daily Hydration Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in the morning and Oil-free Nightly Hydration in the evening. These moisturizers provide weightless hydration while helping to combat excess oil produced by the skin. It is very important to apply a moisturizer with sun protection in the morning, because damaging UV rays can cause skin dryness, discoloration, and even cancer.
As you can see, a skin care routine does not need to be a time-consuming task or made of complicated steps. Try our simple three-step routine daily, and let us know how it works for you!
Staying up late and waking up very early in the morning can make our eyes look puffy and tired with dark circles, especially when we are in the middle of the school and work week. That’s why the boscia team’s love of the week is our “Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm”! We have been carrying this eye balm with us every day because it instantly de-puffs and revives our tired eyes without making a mess in our bags.
These ingredients revive and soothe your eyes with a cooling sensation like an ice cube!
Super 7 – Peptide Complex
- Diminishes puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines
- Eyeseryl, a tetrapeptide, prevents eye bags by inhibiting loss of elasticity, wrinkle formation, and liquid accumulation
- Matrixyl 3000 provides a visible anti-wrinkle and lifting effect, stimulates the renewal of cells, and boosts collagen production
Licorice Root Extract
- An antioxidant that calms, reduces hyperpigmentation, and minimizes the appearance of dark spots by inhibiting melanin synthesis
Rose Oil and Rosemary Oil
- A blend of botanical oils that provide sheer hydration
- Derived specifically from menthol, it creates a long-lasting cooling and refreshing sensation that is safe to use around the eye area
Apply Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm in the morning and evening as part of your skincare routine. Carry it in your bag to apply over makeup whenever you need a quick fix.
Share your bright-eyed secrets with us: How do you revive tired eyes in the middle of the day, or refresh them for a wide-awake start in the morning?
Do you have a date coming up soon? Are you excited but worried about your complexion not looking its best? Don’t be nervous! We are here to show you how to achieve glowing, stunning skin that your date will not forget, step-by-step!
STEP 1: Cleanse your face with boscia’s Clear Complexion Cleanser and Konjac Cleansing Sponge with Complexion Clearing Clay. Thorough cleansing prepares our skin to better absorb all of the skincare products that we are going to apply, instead of layering them on top of dirt and oil. Our Clear Complexion Cleanser is a lightweight, refreshing, gel cleanser that thoroughly cleanses, purifies, and refines pores to maintain a clear complexion. It is especially beneficial for acne-prone skin. Pair the cleanser with our Konjac Cleansing Sponge infused with green clay to clarifies and gently exfoliate dead skin cells that can block products from penetrating into the skin. You’ll be left with a smoother, brighter-looking complexion!
STEP 2: Apply toner after cleansing to restore skin’s natural pH balance and provide its first layer of hydration.
STEP 3: Throw on a boscia hydrogel mask to deeply hydrate and brighten your skin while taking a relaxing, luxurious bath with your favorite bath bomb, candles, and music. Remember to not to sit in the tub for too long, though – this can cause our skin to wrinkle!
STEP 4: Massage your face with our Tsubaki Beauty Oil to give your skin an instantly visible radiance! Tsubaki Beauty Oil not only provides protection against free-radical damage and prevents premature signs of aging, but also brightens and hydrates.
STEP 5: Don’t forget your eyes and lips, as you don’t want puffy eyes and cracked lips while your date looks at your face! Apply a thick layer of lip balm and boscia’s Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm. This eye balm instantly de-puffs, hydrates, and revives tired eyes with its cooling and soothing effects. Carry the eye balm in your bag in case you need a quick fix during the night. The stick formula will not disrupt makeup or spill and make a mess!
STEP 6: Apply your favorite facial moisturizer to complete your skincare routine. Moisturizer not only moisturizes your skin, but also seals in all of the skincare products you have applied prior. Try our Tsubaki Glotion as your final routine step to hydrate and smooth skin while giving your complexion an extra glowing boost with its natural, mineral blend of light-reflecting pigments!
Now that we have completed our date night skincare preparations, we are ready to put on makeup, style our hair, and select the perfect outfit to complete the stunning and glowing look that our date will never forget!
Now that the season has officially shifted into spring and the weather has begun to warm up, our skin is starting to produce more oil than it did in winter. Excess oil not only makes our skin look oily and clogs our pores which causes breakouts, but it also requires us to frequently touch-up our makeup in the afternoon. This week, our boscia team is loving our peel-off “Green Tea Oil-Control Mask”! boscia’s unique peel-off mask innovation provides “gap-free” delivery into the skin, giving immediate benefits and long-term results. The peel-off removal also provides extra refinement to our face texture. Our Green Tea Oil-Control Mask instantly mattifies, provides oil-control to the skin, and minimizes sebum production!
Our innovative ingredients banish shine and control oil!
Japanese Green Tea
- Reduces inflammation from acne-causing bacteria and significantly diminishes breakouts
- Contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits
- A key antioxidant that soothes skin as it protects against free-radical damage, reduces inflammation from sun exposure, and prevents potential breakout scars
- Controls oil and minimizes pores while soothing and cooling skin
- Contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits
Silica Powder and Burdock Root
- Absorbs excess oil and prevents shine throughout the day
- Refines pore appearance and smooths skin
- Burdock Root contains antibacterial benefits that help to reduce blemishes
- Provides a visible anti-wrinkle and firming effect
- Stimulates cell renewal and boosts collagen product to activate extracellular matrix renewal process
boscia’s Proprietary Botanical Blend In Every Product
- Prevents free radical damage while nourishing the skin
- Calms skin inflammation and reduces visible redness and irritation
Apply a thick and even layer of Green Tea Oil-Control Mask once or twice a week after cleansing with your favorite boscia cleanser. Beauty Tip-> Before applying the mask, place a warm towel onto your face for two to three minutes. The warm towel creates a steaming effect, which helps to open the pores, thereby allowing the mask to better absorb impurities. Leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes, then gently peel it off and rinse off any residue with warm water. After peeling off the mask, follow with your regular evening skincare routine to ensure your skin is well-hydrated and moisturized before getting your beauty sleep!
Are you ready to say goodbye to excess oil and shine? We are having a full-size Green Tea Oil-Control Mask giveaway for two of you today! Share your beauty tips for oil-control or face masks with us by leaving your comment below for a chance to win!
Face masks have the ability to provide the most immediate results within a very short time period, making them staple products in our skincare routines. However, with so many varieties on the market, it can be confusing to navigate through the options. Today, we will be explaining the different types of face masks to help you select the best one for your skin type and needs!
Wash-Off Mask, Clay Mask
Wash-off masks and clay masks deeply cleanse and detoxify the skin. Ingredients commonly found in these types of masks, such as black charcoal, clay, and mud, are very powerful toxin absorbers. Therefore, they are especially beneficial for people suffering from clogged or enlarged pores or acne-prone skin. boscia’s unique two-part Charcoal Pore Pudding, powered by black and white charcoal, minimizes the appearance of pores while balancing the skin. Activated Black Bamboo Charcoal clarifies and purifies pores by removing dirt and impurities without irritation, while Binchotan White Charcoal Powder moisturizes and balances skin by increasing hydration.
Beauty Tip-> Before applying a wash-off or clay mask, soak a towel with warm water and place it on your face for two to three minutes. The warm temperature of the towel helps to open pores, allowing the mask to better absorb skin impurities.
Beauty Tip-> When removing a wash-off or clay mask, rinse your face with warm water. The temperature of the warm water helps the mask “melt” and come off more easily. When the mask is fully removed, splash your face with cold water, two to three times. The temperature of the cold water tightens and closes the freshly cleaned pores.
Peel-off masks have several different functions, including clarifying pores, calming skin inflammation, and controlling excess oil. boscia’s innovative peel-off masks provide extra refinement of the skin texture by “peeling off” dead skin cells. Our Green Tea Oil-Control Mask immediately mattifies, provides oil-control, and minimizes sebum production. It is even suitable for acne-prone skin! The Luminizing Black Mask is especially beneficial for people suffering from blackheads or whiteheads. It minimizes pore appearance and removes impurities, giving you a healthy, clarified complexion!
Beauty Tip -> You can use the same Beauty Tips for Wash-Off masks and Clay masks when applying Peel-Off masks!
Gel masks are designed to provide hydration for our skin. This type of mask has a light and jelly-like texture. They also create a cooling sensation when applied onto the face. Gel masks are suitable for those with dehydrated skin, or individuals with oily skin who are looking to replenish moisture but do not want to feel greasy.
Beauty Tip-> When the weather starts to warm up, place your gel mask in the refrigerator. The mask will make your skin feel extra cool and calm when applied onto your face!
Hydrogel Mask, Sheet Mask
Hydrogel masks and sheet masks are great for brightening, providing deep hydration, and even mattifying skin. boscia’s unique two-piece hydrogel mask completely conforms to the contours of your face, allowing the ingredients to be fully absorbed by your skin. Our Sake Brightening Hydrogel Mask is infused with sake to firm, tighten, and brighten your complexion, while our Tsubaki Oil Deep Hydration Hydrogel Mask provides deep hydration, leaving your face baby-soft!
Beauty Tip -> Exfoliate your skin before throwing on a hydrogel mask or sheet mask. Dead skin cells can prevent skincare products from deeply penetrating, therefore, removing them through exfoliation helps the ingredients in the mask to be fully absorbed.
Cream masks normally have the thickest texture among all of the different types of face masks, as they are rich in emollients and very moisturizing. Cream masks not only provide deep hydration, but they also contain anti-aging benefits, including ingredients that firm skin and smooth fine lines. This type of mask is especially beneficial for mature skin.
Beauty Tip-> Before applying a cream mask, rub the formula in between your palms to warm it up. Warming the mask close to skin temperature will allow it to be better absorbed by your face and avoid the skin sensitivity. Take the time to massage your face upwards to lift the skin while applying the cream mask. This will help prevent sagginess and loss of elasticity. Your face will feel relaxed, as if you are at spa!
Sleeping masks are often designed to provide hydration or moisture for our skin while we sleep. A sleeping mask is the last step of our evening skincare routine and does not need to be rinsed off until the next morning. This type of mask is especially useful when we are too lazy to go through our entire skincare routine but want to wake up with hydrated skin, or when we want to give our skin an extra hydration boost overnight for the next day. boscia’s Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask intensely moisturizes and delivers long-term anti-aging benefits while you sleep, leaving you with smooth and soft skin in the morning!
Beauty Tip -> Massage the sleeping mask onto your face with gentle, circular motions before going to bed. The circular motions help the ingredients in the mask be fully penetrated into your skin!
Share your favorite types of face masks with us, or let us know if you are excited to try our Beauty Tips!