Have you ever celebrated the clearing of acne, only to later find yourself discouraged by the appearance of scars? These dark, reddish-brown spots can exist on skin for several weeks or even months, stirring feelings of embarrassment and frustration. Today, we are sharing four boscia beauty tips to help quickly fade acne scars and reveal clearer skin.
1. Apply Sun Protection
Remember to apply sun protection every day, regardless of the weather and location (indoors or outdoors). In addition to protecting skin from sunburn and skin cancer caused by harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, sun protection also prevents acne scars from becoming darker. Excessive exposure to UV rays leads to an increase in melanin production, causing hyperpigmentation and scarring to become more apparent.
2. Exfoliate Regularly
When acne is present, it is best to avoid exfoliating, as this can damage the natural barrier on skin that helps heal breakouts and prevent bacteria from spreading to other parts of the face. However, once acne has cleared, regular exfoliation actually speeds up the healing process by removing the surface layers of scars and dead skin and promoting the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
3. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!
Keep skin well-hydrated to encourage the healing process of acne scars by applying moisturizer every day, morning and night. Excessive dryness can irritate skin, ultimately worsening scarring.
4. Include Acne Treatment and Brightening Products
Apply a combination of acne treatment and skin brightening products to help scars fade. Our Clear Complexion Collection is infused with willow bark extract to gently exfoliate, purify pores, and minimize dark spots from previous breakouts. In addition our new peel-off Sake Bright White Mask contains sake to not only moisturize, but also even skin tone and diminish the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
Are you frustrated with spots and marks left behind by acne? Try these beauty tips today to help them quickly fade away!
Are you bothered by large pores and shine, especially on your T-zone? The T-zone contains more oil glands and secretes more sebum than any other part of the face, causing excess oil, blackheads, and enlarged pores to appear more prominently in this area. Our No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment is a multi-tasking treatment that reduces the appearance of pores and blackheads instantly. The treatment also mattifies and provides a smooth canvas to increase the longevity of your makeup, all day long.
These ingredients decrease the appearance of pores, absorb excess oil, and reduce dark spots!
Artichoke Leaf Extract
- Reduces the appearance of pore size by increasing skin elasticity; pore wall is less likely to stretch and retain debris
- Inhibits hyperpigmentation and brightens pore wall
- Absorbs excess oil and prevents shine throughout the day
- Refines pore appearance and provides a smooth finish to skin
Burdock Root Extract
- Possesses powerful antibacterial properties that fight and prevent blemishes
- Deliver powerful botanicals to reduce sebum production
- A superior antioxidant that provides excellent free radical protection
- Its exfoliation properties reduce blackheads and refine skin texture
- An antioxidant that calms, soothes, and conditions skin
- Reduces hyperpigmentation and minimizes the appearance of dark spots by inhibiting melanin synthesis
Apply one to two pumps of No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment to the face focusing on the T-zone area after moisturizing. Beauty Tips -> Apply No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment after removing our Luminizing Black Mask and Pore Purifying Black Strips to further maximize their pore-minimizing benefits. You can also use it as a primer before applying makeup or on top of makeup whenever you need a mattifying touch-up throughout the day!
Fight large pores and excess oil today with our No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment!
Do you sometimes feel that your skincare products aren’t providing expected results? Although there is the possibility that you may have selected the wrong product, there are other reasons that could contribute to this occurrence. Today, we are sharing with you four ways to ensure your skincare products are working effectively!
1. Follow the directions when applying
Make sure to carefully follow the usage directions whenever applying a product. This includes the appropriate amount, when to apply the product within a skincare routine, and application on dry or damp skin. These factors can all affect the maximum treatment benefits of a product.
2. Store skincare products in a proper place
Even though it is convenient to store skincare products in the bathroom, this is not the optimal location; heat, humidity from steam, and direct sunlight can degrade product ingredients and even encourage bacteria growth. Instead, store products in an environment that is clean, cool, and dark.
3. Massage skin while applying products
Do you quickly rub products into your skin to rush and complete your skincare routine? Take time to slow down and gently pat or massage skin while applying products. This not only helps skin better absorb products, but also releases stress and improves blood circulation, all of which contribute to a healthy, glowing complexion!
4. Deep cleanse pores regularly
Deep cleansing pores once a week is an important part of any skincare routine. Layering skincare products over pores filled with dirt, oil, and bacteria from the week not only prevents products from penetrating deep into skin, but can also further clog pores and cause breakouts.
Do you feel that your skincare products aren’t performing at their best? Try these four tips today to maximize their potential!
Free radicals are highly reactive chemicals emitted by a variety of sources, including sunlight, air pollution, smoke, and alcohol. They damage healthy cells in the body, which can lead to signs of aging, such as wrinkles. Antioxidants, on the other hand, are chemicals naturally produced in the body that protect it against free radical damage. However, the body’s natural production of antioxidants slows down with age; as a result, it is important to replenish its supply of antioxidants to reduce further damage caused by free radicals. Our Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is an antioxidant-rich moisturizer that provides sun protection and prevents the first signs of aging, all while hydrating and nourishing skin.
These antioxidant-rich ingredients prevent premature aging, repair existing damage, and protect the skin against environmental stressors!
Rice Bran Oil
- Reduces dark spots and increases micro-circulation for soft, glowing skin
- An antioxidant-rich oil that prevents premature aging by providing essential nutrients and minimizing damage caused by UV rays, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and lack of firmness
- Strengthens skin’s natural moisture barrier to provide long-lasting moisture and improve moisture retention
Olive Fruit Oil and Pine Bark Extract
- Provides powerful antioxidant benefits
- Maintains skin’s optimal moisture levels
- A polyphenol extract from red wine that delays premature aging by fighting free radicals, promoting firmness and elasticity, and reducing discoloration
Actiphyte of Algae
- Repairs existing damage and protects skin against future damage caused by environmental stressors and UV rays
Actiphyte of Carrot Fresh
- Improves elasticity and tone for younger-looking skin
SPF 30 UVA/UVB Sunscreen (Broad Spectrum Sunscreen)
- Octinoxate, a chemical sunscreen that absorbs UVB radiation to prevent skin damage
- Avobenzone (Parsol 1789), a chemical sunscreen that absorbs UVA radiation to prevent skin damage
During your morning routine, apply Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 to clean skin, 15 minutes before sun exposure.
With increasing environment stressors, it is never too early to replenish skin’s antioxidant levels. Protect against free radicals and delay aging with our Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30!
We all know the importance of applying sun protection to protect our skin from damage caused by harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, including dark spots, burns, and skin cancer. Yet, there is more to sun protection than simply applying SPF products onto skin. In today’s post, we will be debunking several common sun protection mistakes and teaching you how to get the most effective coverage from your products.
1. “I only need to apply sun protection right before exposure”
Sunscreens are classified into two categories: physical and chemical. Physical sunscreen protects skin by scattering UV lights, whereas chemical sunscreen absorbs UV radiation. For optimal effectiveness when using a chemical sunscreen, apply the product 15 minutes before sun exposure to allow it to be fully absorbed by skin.
2. “I don’t need to apply sun protection if I’m staying indoors”
Many people believe that it is not necessary to apply sun protection if they are staying indoors. However, powerful UV rays can penetrate through windows and continue to cause skin damage. As a result, it is important to apply sun protection every day, regardless of location.
3. “It is necessary to reapply sun protection every two to three hours”
The general rule of reapplying sun protection depends on location and activity for the day. For example, if you are spending most of your day outdoors – participating in water-related activities, or sweating heavily – it is necessary to reapply sunscreen every two to three hours. Yet, if you are spending most of your indoors – attending work or school – the amount of sunscreen applied in the morning should provide you with adequate protection for the entire day.
4. “Adding the SPF level on my makeup and skincare products together gives me a combined SPF level”
Adding the SPF level of makeup and skincare products together does not provide a combined higher sun protection. The actual level of protection acquired is based on the product with the highest SPF level. For example, if your foundation is SPF 15 and your moisturizer is SPF 30, your skin will be protected by an SPF of 30.
Make sure to avoid these common sun protection mistakes to properly protect your skin against sun damage!
Do you feel that your skin is not absorbing all of the toners, essences, serums, and moisturizers you apply on your face? Our Sake Treatment Water may be your solution! Sake Treatment Water is an innovative, unique skin care product from boscia – it acts as a “primer” for other skin care products, allowing the skin to effectively absorb and maximize their treatment benefits. In addition, it also provides long-term hydration, brightens your complexion, and is lightweight enough to be used by all skin types!
Sake Treatment Water differs from an essence; an essence is a skin care product that contains one extremely amplified ingredient that targets a specific concern, such as hydration. It is especially beneficial for dry and dull skin types. Apply Sake Treatment Water before your essence to allow your skin to optimally reap its benefits!
- Rich in Thioredoxin, an ingredient known to improve skin barrier function, water content, and firmness. Thioredoxin also reduces wrinkles, brightens, and protects the skin against aging, dullness, hyperpigmentation, loss of water and elasticity, and numerous bio-stressors, including oxidation
- Contains numerous vitamins and minerals, providing powerful hydration and brightening benefits
- Improves skin’s elasticity, enhances its barrier function, and erases discoloration
- Revives skin’s healthy complexion and texture to prepare skin for greater absorption of additional products
- Hydrates as it penetrates into the skin
- Supports skin’s ability to attract and retain moisture
To use our Sake Treatment Water, pump the product once or twice onto your palm after cleansing, but before toning. Then, gently press and massage onto face to activate the formula. Follow this step with toner, serum, moisturizer, or additional treatment products. Sake Treatment Water can be used every morning and night.
Do you want to maximize your toner, essence, serum, and moisturizer’s benefits? Try our skin care “primer”, Sake Treatment Water, to prep, hydrate, and brighten your skin today!
Healthy, radiant skin begins from inside the body. Today, exercise has become a regular habit for many people, and it comes with great benefits – not only does it enhance our overall well-beings, but the sweat produced during exercise also helps clear our skin by expelling dirt and impurities in trapped in pores. In today’s post, we will share with you our favorite skincare tips to use during workouts!
1. Remove Makeup Before Exercise
Make sure to properly remove all traces of makeup before doing any sort of physical activity. Layers of makeup and buildup can prevent sweat from expelling impurities in skin, leading to trapped toxins and clogged, inflamed pores. Our MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil is a refreshing cleansing oil infused with rose hip, green tea, and avocado that effectively removes makeup without leaving an oily residue on skin. For on-the-go cleansing that doesn’t require a sink, try our Black Charcoal Cleansing Cloths or Sake Cleansing Water. Black Charcoal Cleansing Cloths contain charcoal powder and black tea to deeply cleanse and minimize pore appearance for a smooth and fresh complexion, while our no-rinse Sake Cleansing Water removes makeup and dirt while hydrating and brightening skin.
2. Avoid Using Hands to Wipe Away Sweat
Avoid using hands to wipe sweat off of face during exercise. Bacteria on equipment can transfer to hands and face, infecting skin and later causing breakouts. As a courtesy to yourself and others, don’t forget to wipe down equipment before and after exercising to remove any accumulated sweat and bacteria, as well!
3. Properly Cleanse Skin after Workout
Sweating during exercise helps skin expel dirt and impurities that are trapped in pores. However, these toxins continue to remain on the surface of skin until they are properly washed away. To avoid re-clogging pores, cleanse skin as soon as possible post-workout. Our Purifying Cleansing Gel is derived from amino acids to deeply cleanse skin while protecting its natural moisture barrier.
4. Replenish Hydration
During exercise, the body loses water through sweat, leading to possible dehydration and dry skin. Drink plenty of water and apply a favorite boscia moisturizer after cleansing to rehydrate and restore the body after a workout!
What are some of your favorite skincare and beauty secrets for working out? Share them with us in the comments below!