Many people believe that the best face wash should leave their skin feeling “squeaky” clean, because this ensures that their faces have been thoroughly and completed cleansed. However, a squeaky clean feel on your face can actually mean that the skin’s natural oils have been stripped, or that your cleanser is too strong. Our Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel, infused with Tsubaki (Camellia) Oil, not only effectively removes impurities and makeup, but is also packed with antioxidants that protect skin’s moisture barrier, leaving your complexion smooth and baby-soft, without feeling stripped!
These ingredients hydrate, firm, and provide your skin with anti-aging benefits!
Signature Lightweight Botanical Blend Tsubaki (Camellia Oil)
- Firms, hydrates, and protects skin against free radical damage
- Possesses comparable antioxidant properties to Vitamin C and acts as an anti-aging moisturizer
- Increases collagen synthesis and inhibits collagenase production, the enzyme that can contribute to collagen breakdown
- Contains Omega-6 and Omega-9, which act as skin penetrating enhancers to help deliver moisture deep within the skin
Wakame (Japanese Sea Kelp)
- Prevents fine lines, wrinkles, and loss of firmness by replenishing protein, which helps to increase collagen production
- Evens skin tone by reducing melanin synthesis
Rice Bran Oil
- Reduces dark spots and increases micro-circulation for soft, glowing skin
- An antioxidant-rich oil that prevents premature aging by providing essential nutrients and minimizing damage caused by UV rays, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and lack of firmness
- Strengthens skin’s natural moisture barrier to provide long-lasting moisture and improve moisture retention
- Provides hydration to skin and increases cell renewal
- Possesses natural anti-bacterial and deep-cleansing benefits
Dampen your skin before applying one to two pumps of Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel onto face with your fingertips. Gently massage in circular motions, then rinse with warm water. Follow this step with your favorite toner and moisturizer to complete your routine.
Does your skin feel dry and tight after cleansing? Try our Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel today to protect your skin’s natural moisture barrier while effectively removing makeup and impurities!
Cleansing is the most important step in your skin care routine. You wash your face every morning and night – seems simple and straightforward, right? However, there are mistakes many people unknowingly make when cleansing. Proper cleansing is the foundation for clear and healthy skin. Today, we show you how to avoid five common face washing mistakes to ensure you are getting the most out of your skincare routine!
1. Cleanse with lukewarm water for best cleansing results
Cleanse your face using water that is lukewarm– not too hot and not too cold. Cleansing with very warm water strips the skin of its natural oils; therefore, it is not ideal to wash your face while taking a hot shower. On the other hand, while cleansing with cold water can help tighten and close pores, this can also result in pores not being thoroughly cleansed.
2.Wash your hands before cleansing your skin to avoid spreading bacteria
Don’t forget to always wash your hands before cleansing your face, as you don’t want to mix the bacteria on your hands with the cleanser. Bacteria can infect the skin and transfer onto your face, causing more breakouts!
3.Applying cleanser to dry skin can cause irritation
Not dampening your face before applying cleanser can make it difficult to spread the product while washing. Friction caused by rubbing the cleanser on a dry face can lead to skin irritation, redness, and fine lines.
4.Wiping and drying your face with a towel transfers bacteria
Instead of wiping and drying your face with a towel after cleansing, pat it dry with a paper towel. Germs can grow on towels, especially within the humid bathroom environment, and they will thrive unless you wash your towels every day. Wiping your face with these towels transfers the bacteria from them onto your face!
5.Washing your face too fast or for too long can damage your skin
The ideal amount of time you need to cleanse your face is between 30 seconds to one minute. Washing your face for too long can damage the skin’s natural moisture barrier, while washing your face too fast can cause you to miss or not properly cleanse some areas.
What are some of your secret beauty tips for cleansing your face? Share them with us by leaving your comment below for a chance to win our Black Charcoal Cleansing Cloths!
Are you confused about the difference between an essence and a toner? The two are completely different skin care products. Toner is applied after cleansing to restore skin’s natural pH balance, provide skin with its first layer of hydration, or used as an additional cleansing step. Essence, on the other hand, contains a high concentration of a nourishing ingredient that targets a primary skin care concern, such as dullness. Essence also tends to have a more gel-like or tackier texture, whereas toner is more watery. Our unique Cool Blue Hydration Essence contains less than 1% water, making it a powerful hydrating essence that gives skin long-lasting moisturization and firming benefits while calming and cooling!
These ingredients deliver concentrated and long-lasting hydration while cooling your skin!
Fermented Yeast Filtrate
- This ingredient is derived from sake production, which provides an unparalleled 82% of the formula base and delivers intense, long-lasting hydration to the skin
- Rich in vitamins and minerals, it increases brightness and moisture in skin
- Absorbs with no greasy feeling or residue, leaving the skin soft, smooth, and silky
- A plant-derived ingredient complex that intensely promotes the strengthening of skin’s Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF)
- Improves skin’s own moisturizing power – significant hydration is noticeable for at least eight hours
- A marine-harvested extract derived from sea algae that is known as the world’s most powerful natural anti-inflammatory ingredient
- Soothes and calms skin by blocking inflammation from external irritants and allergens that can cause damage to its stratum corneum barrier
- Has more over-the-counter anti-inflammatory benefits than over-the-counter hydrocortisone
- A powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that soothes and detoxifies skin
- Enhances skin’s renewal process, promoting skin firmness, brightness, and texture
- A peppermint-derived ingredient that gives skin a long-lasting cooling and refreshing sensation
- Instantly revitalizes dehydrated, tired skin
Morning and evening, apply two to three drops of Cool Blue Hydration Essence after cleansing and toning and prior to using your favorite moisturizer. Beauty Tip-> Cool Blue Hydration Essence can also be used as a hydrator prior to makeup, allowing your foundation or B.B. cream to blend more easily!
Do you feel that your skin care products are not keeping your skin well-moisturized throughout the day? Add our Cool Blue Hydration Essence to your routine to provide your skin with concentrated, long-lasting hydration!
In case you couldn’t tell from the longer days and warmer temperatures, summer is just around the corner. And while you are switching out the clothes in your wardrobe for lighter pieces, it is also time to switch your skin care products to lighter formulas! Whenever the season changes, your skin reacts differently to its new environment; thus, when the weather starts to warm up, your skin tends to produce more oil, and when it’s cold, your skin tends to become drier. Today, we will share the boscia products that are perfect for transitioning your skin care routine into summer!
As the temperature rise, swap your oil-based cleanser for a gel-based one to help your skin feel refreshed and non-greasy. Our Purifying Cleansing Gel is a sulfate-free cleanser derived from amino acids that deeply cleanses skin and protects its natural moisture barrier.
Swap your tackier toner for a spray toner! Spritz our Balancing Facial Tonic to hydrate and restore skin’s natural pH balance with its gentle lavender water-infused formula. We love to carry this toner around on summer days because it doesn’t require cotton pads, is convenient to carry, and instantly soothes our skin after being in the sun all day long!
Switch out your heavy cream moisturizer and replace it with a lightweight one that is oil-free or gel-based. The temperature of your skin’s sebaceous glands tends to rise in summer due to the warmer environment, which causes them to produce more sebum. If you are concerned about your skin producing excess oil, try our Oil-free Hydration collection, which provides weightless hydration while controlling shine. In addition, our Sake Balm is a unique gel-textured bounce moisturizer made from the finest Sake grade that delivers hydrating, brightening, and firming benefits to skin.
UV Ray Protection
Since you probably spend more of your time outdoors during the warmer weather, it is important to switch your daytime moisturizer and makeup to ones with higher UV ray protection!
Like cream moisturizer, eye cream can also be too heavy for the area around our eyes during summer. Super-Cool De-Puffing Eye Balm hydrates, de-puffs, and revives tired eyes without a greasy feel. Its cooling and soothing effects are especially suitable for the warmer weather in summer!
Set aside your cream and sleeping masks and bring out your favorite hydrogel or sheet masks! Beauty Tip-> Place your hydrogel and sheet masks in the refrigerator during summer time. When you apply them, your face will feel extra cool and calm! Our Hydrogel Mask collection provides skin different benefits such as firming, brightening, and deep hydration based on your skin concerns. Because your skin tends to produce more oil during summer, don’t forget to use masks that help control oil and remove impurities to avoid clogged pores and breakouts. Our innovative peel-off Green Tea Oil-Control Mask mattifies, provides oil-control, and helps minimize sebum production, while our Luminizing Black Mask removes dirt and impurities and minimizes the appearance of pores!
So, are you ready to enjoy the sunshine? We know we are! What skin care products are you switching out to ensure your skin is summer-ready? Share them with us today!
Cleansing is the most important step in our skin care routines, yet one-step cleansing with just a cleanser or face wash is often insufficient to remove our stubborn, oil-based, waterproof makeup. “Double cleansing” is a cleansing method that separates makeup removal and skin purification into two steps. It starts with a makeup remover to dissolve all traces of stubborn, oil-based makeup that can’t be easily and thoroughly removed with a regular cleanser, then follows with a face wash to purify the skin. Double cleansing ensures that our cleanser can penetrate into pores to deep cleanse without having makeup residue continue to clog them. Our MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil is a refreshing cleansing oil that not only dissolves and melts your makeup, but also provides additional benefits, such as refining pore appearance and protecting skin against free-radical damage, all without leaving an oily residue on the skin!
These ingredients easily break up your stubborn, long-wear makeup!
Rose Hip, Green Tea, Avocado, and Olive Fruit Oil
- This complex is rich in Vitamin E (tocotrienols) and utilizes a unique nanotechnology to refine the appearance of pores, detoxify and nourish the skin, and protect it from free-radical damage
- This nanotechnology blend enables water to reduce the oil phase of this cleanser to micro-sized particles to easily rinse away surface debris and waterproof makeup
- Provides cumulative, long term anti-aging benefits
Botanical Amino Acids
- Gently removes sebum and impurities, which can cause blemishes and blackheads
- Leaves skin conditioned and maintains its protective moisture barrier
- Gently purifies skin and minimizes pore appearance
- Provides a scent that relieves stress and helps the skin relax
- Leaves skin invigorated while stimulating circulation
Apply one to two pumps of MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil onto your fingertips and gently massage onto dry skin in circular motions for 30-60 seconds. Add a small amount of water onto your fingers and continue to massage face to further emulsify and break down makeup. Rinse well with warm water, and blot face dry. Complete your cleansing ritual by following this step with your favorite cleanser to further deep cleanse pores and purify skin.
Are you having a hard time breaking up your stubborn makeup? Try our MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil today!
Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner – will you be escaping for a little getaway? If you have plans to travel by plane, it’s important to be prepared to take good care of your skin while you are in flight. Recirculated air and low humidity inside the cabinet can dry out your skin, stimulating it to produce more oil. Today, we will be sharing an in-flight beauty regimen with boscia essentials to help you get your complexion glowing in time for landing! Beauty Tip -> Due to TSA regulations, don’t forget to decant your skincare products in travel-size containers while packing!
Give your skin a quick, deep, mess-free cleanse with our Black Charcoal Cleansing Cloths and forget the hassle of washing your face with water and cleanser in the tiny aircraft bathroom. These cloths are infused with a pore treatment blend that not only deep cleanses the skin, but also helps minimize pores for a smooth-looking complexion!
Provide your skin with its first layer of hydration after cleansing with our Balancing Facial Tonic. This spray tonic does not require cotton pads; just one spritz soothes, restores, and refreshes your skin with its gentle lavender water-infused formula.
Due to the low humidity on planes, a toner and a moisturizer may not be enough to keep your skin well-hydrated throughout the flight. Hydration masks can provide your skin with an immediate, powerful boost of hydration! After toning, apply our Tsubaki Oil Deep Hydration Hydrogel Mask. This mask contains Tsubaki (Camellia) Oil that not only deeply hydrates skin, but also provides anti-aging benefits and protects against free-radical damage. If you are concerned about your neighbors staring at your mask, try our Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask! This mask disappears into skin after you massage it onto your face. Your skin will feel smooth and baby-soft once you reach your destination!
Beauty Tip -> Avoid bringing clay masks or deep-cleaning masks on your flight, since skin is more sensitive under the dry cabinet conditions of the plane.
Next, smooth on moisturizer to seal-in the products you have applied and provide long-term moisture for your skin. It is essential to use a moisturizer that provides UV ray protection since you are closer to the sun when flying at high altitudes. Our Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 contains eight antioxidants from ingredients like rice bran oil and wine extract that not only provide UV ray protection, but also defend skin against environmental stressors and promote elasticity while moisturizing the skin!
Beauty Tip -> Instead of carrying a hand cream or a body lotion, apply your moisturizer onto your hands, elbows, and any other body parts that are dry to keep your luggage light!
Don’t forget your eyes! Your eyes may get puffy and look very tired after sleeping (or not sleeping) during your flight. Our Super-Eye De-Puffing Eye Balm is a non-liquid formula that is light, mess-free, and easy to carry on board. It instantly de-puffs and revives your tired eyes with its cooling and soothing effect!
Lastly, apply our B.B. Cream Light Broad Spectrum SPF 27 PA++ right before landing for glowing, flawless skin! This B.B. cream is a one-step wonder, eliminating your need to carry both foundation and concealer. It adjusts uneven skin tone, provides natural coverage, and conceals imperfections, all while hydrating and soothing your skin!
What are some of your beauty tips for your in-flight skincare routine? What are your essentials in your carry-on skin care bag? Share them with us today!
Did you know that our body begins to lose collagen – an important protein that provides firmness to skin – as we get older? As we age, the natural production of collagen in our body slows down, and factors like free radicals and stress also contribute to its depletion. Sagging skin is one of the signs of aging, yet recovering skin firmness does not need to be a difficult task! Today, we are introducing to you the newest addition to our innovative hydrogel mask collection: Wakame Firming Hydrogel Mask! An anti-aging seaweed mask that tightens, lifts, and smooths, it will leave your skin feeling firm and restored!
These unique ingredients revive skin’s elasticity and softness!
boscia Hydrogel Mask Innovation
- Innovative design allows mask to completely conform to face contours, offering complete customization for all facial structures
- Formula “seals in” with no evaporation, allowing complete absorption and delivery of maximum treatment benefits
Wakame (Japanese Sea Kelp Extract)
- Prevents fine lines, wrinkles, and loss of firmness by replenishing protein, which helps to increase collagen production
- Prevents early loss of skin elasticity and keeps skin looking firmer and younger for longer
- Rich in antioxidants and vitamins that promote regeneration of skin cells and tissue
- Fights damaging free radicals and skin aging
- Reduces inflammation, improves skin elasticity, and provides hydration
- Restores suppleness, reduces flaking and skin discoloration, and improves overall skin tone
- A time-honored ingredient in Japanese skincare
- Reduces moisture loss in skin, thereby strengthening it to resist the first signs of aging
- Promotes skin softness and firmness
Place Wakame Firming Hydrogel Mask on face after cleansing and leave on for 20 minutes. Beauty Tip -> After removing the mask, apply your favorite moisturizer to seal the anti-aging essence into your skin. Massage remaining essence in the packet onto your neck, elbows, and knees, or anywhere else skin can easily wrinkle.
Do you want to reverse the effects of time on your skin? Try our Wakame Firming Hydrogel Mask to revive your most youthful-looking complexion yet!